1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried And Confused

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Validity' started by Shadow, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Shadow

Shadow New Member

I don't know if this is the right forum but I would love to get some help. Ron I saw some of your replies and if you read this please help me out. I applied for the citizenship, took my fingers prints etc. I noticed that the letter had my address but it said apt. 2 instead of 1 the same street just that I live in a second floor and I thought they misunderstood it. I read the form that I applied for the citizenship and it said apt. 2. I couldn't do anything since I had my interview appointment... so I decided to correct it at that time. But when the interview happened I was so nervous and happy that I passed it that I didn't correct that mistake I even put apt.2 on some papers there which I thought it was 2nd floor but it wasn't. It is the same address just a number wrong on the apt. I never lied about it and never wanted to put apt. 2 in fact I wanted to correct it. What do I do now? Will I get in trouble because of that? I'm really worry about this if someone could help me I will appreciate it.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You won't get in trouble. Go to uscis.gov and complete an AR-11 change of address on line. Everything will be OK.

Shadow likes this.
  3. Shadow

Shadow New Member

Thank you so much now I feel relieved, so they won't think anything wrong right? Cuz as I said I wrote some papers and put apt 2 thinking it was second floor btw I am a U.S. Citizen already if I didn't put that inf. Thank you.

4. Ron Gotcher

It's really nothing and they won't hold it against you.

Shadow likes this.
  5. Shadow

Shadow New Member

Thank you!

6. Shadow

Shadow New Member

I tried to apply to change my address online but I can't because it doesn't say for U.S. Citizens... is it ok if I don't change it since is just 1 number. Sorry if I bothered u again

7. Ron Gotcher

No problem. My error. You are absolutely correct. You do not need to notify them.

8. Shadow

Shadow New Member

Thank you Ron