1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working On Ead After I-485 Is Pending For 180 Days Or More

Discussion in 'AC 21 I-140 Portability' started by itsmeusa, Oct 1, 2014.

1. itsmeusa

itsmeusa Junior Member

Hello Ron,
    I went thru all the articles under section AC-21 where you explained benefits of working on EAD after I-485 is pending for 180 days or more. Please advise on below question as I would be executing AC-21 in near future and I have this question in mind.

I understand that, after 485 is pending for 180 days or more, even if employer revokes underlying I-140 petition, it should not have any impact. However I saw few unfortunate folks receiving RFE or even I-485 getting rejected without USCIS issuing RFE or NOID.

In case I-485 is rejected in error by USCIS, would EAD be invalid immediately and alien would go out of status, loose the job etc. Can I-485 rejected be appealed in this case?

Thanks for your time and help!

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

3. itsmeusa

itsmeusa Junior Member

Thank you Ron...I started reading the case. It's a good read, probably need to read it few times to soak in the information...

I will come back if I have any more questions...thank you again...

4. itsmeusa

itsmeusa Junior Member

hi Ron,I read the entire case. I still have couple of questions - if I-485 is erroneously rejected by USCIS, would EAD be invalid immediately and alien would go out of status, loose the job etc. Can I stay and work in US while waiting for the decision on appeal?

5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

The USCIS does not invalidate EADs when they deny an I-485. They let them expire. You may continue to work.

6. itsmeusa

itsmeusa Junior Member

Thank you Ron. This is very helpful.