1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Withdrawing Change Of Status Application From F2-f1

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Applications' started by priyans03, Apr 18, 2016.

1. priyans03

priyans03 New Member

Hi, I am on F2 and I got admitted into a school. I applied with I-539 for change of status with I-20 issued by that school on March 31, 2016. This was done at USCIS Lewisville, Texas. Now I got a better offer from another school and so I do not know what to do on the change of status application. Should I go ahead and withdraw the current application and re-do the same process of change of status with I-20 of the current school?

Is there any other way? If I withdraw, will it also affect the information in SEVIS? How long will it take for the withdrawal to be sanctioned and when can I re-apply.

Will be grateful for help and urgently, before my application for Change of Status is actually processed.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Work through the new school to have them help you with SEVIS. You will also need to file a new I-539.