1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will The Experience With Current Employer Not Count While Filing For Perm?

Discussion in 'PERM modernization' started by Rkp, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Rkp

Rkp New Member

Hi,
    I am a Senior Engineer with 7+ years of experience. I joined my current employer in the same role back in Apr, 2013 (with 4 years and 10 months of experience). My company is planning to apply for my green card and I was notified that the experience I gained as part of the current employment will not count. So in effect my green card application will be filed based on the 4 years and 10 months of prior experience I had. Is this how it should be or is there a way to consider the experience gained after I joined?

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You may claim experience gained with the sponsoring employer if the job offered in the PERM is at least 50% different from the job in which you gained the experience.

3. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

If you have got promoted or you changed your field of work in the past 2 years then you could the experience with the sponsoring employer. If the employer is applying under EB2 category then counting out the experience with your sponsoring employer should not make any difference.