1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Mexico Do First Time H1 Stamping ?

Discussion in 'TCN NIV applications in Mexico' started by Gopinadh, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Gopinadh

Gopinadh New Member

Hi Ron,

I had L1 stamping in India for A company and switched to B company with valid H1. This is the first time, i would like to go for H1 stamping, will Mexico do ?

Thank you for your time in advance.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

No they will not. If you have an H4 visa, they will issue an H1, but unless you already have a visa in the same letter category, they will not accept your application.

3. Gopinadh

Gopinadh New Member

Thanks a lot Ron. do you recommend Canada ? can't goto my home country(India) since my Manager is not giving vacation for 2 weeks at least 10 days.

if Canada, which consulate is the best for stamping ?

Thanks again,
    - Timothy

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

If you have a good case, it doesn't matter.

5. taran

taran New Member

Hi Ron,

I have a H4 visa on my passport, that expired back in 2010, but my current status is F1 and I have F1 stamp on my passport that will expire in 2018. Will mexico allow me to stamp H4.

Taran

6. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

1. Third Country Nationals* residing in the United States may apply to renew a visa in any category except B1/B2 or H2. NOTE – The applicant must apply to renew in the same visa category and cannot apply in a different category.
    Answer would be "No" . You are on F1 visa status so you won't be able get another h4 visa.

7. taran

taran New Member

Thanks for the response, if I go with my husband who will be renewing his H1B as a family, is that an exception or will the same rule apply, actually my lawyer said that it is possible, if they allow you to take an appointment, but she mostly deals with the filings and not the visa stamping, so I am not 100% sure on her response