1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What You Need To Prepare For Filing An Aos Application

Discussion in 'General immigration questions' started by Ron Gotcher, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

The DoL allows 35 miles as a default and more if you can justify it. The USCIS goes along with that.

2. Ratna Kumar

Ratna Kumar New Member

3. Jignesh Reddy

Jignesh Reddy New Member

Ron,
    What do we mention in the eligibility category for both PRINCIPAL and DERIVATIVE on an employment based AOS form 1765 ?

I'm getting mixed responses. Some say (c)(9), but some websites mention (c)(9)(p).

What's the difference? Can you please shed some light?

4. Ron Gotcher

(c)(9) is the correct choice.

5. dhakkan

dhakkan Senior Member

Ron - A query on Birth Certificate. Both me and my spouse have incomplete birth certificates.

Mine - Has my name missing.
    Spouse - Birth Certificate being 30+ years old and a mix of English & Hindi is not readable.

We are getting new certificates issued now, do you think the "Issue Date" being 2015 Sep can be an issue? Should I get any affidavits to supplement the 'new' birth certificates? Or submit the old certificates along?

6. Ron Gotcher

If the new birth records are issued by the government and complete, you don't need anything else.

7. rv_sree

rv_sree Junior Member

Hi Ron,

Can you provide some clarity for the below two queries;
    1) In my wife and child passport's the parents last name are missing, so is it Ok to file I-485 with this or should I have to correct this missing details in their passport before initiating I-485 filing process.

2) I am working for leading service company and my DF/AD is current under the USCIS revised process. I am planning to file I-485 by external attorney (yourself) instead of going through my employer provided immigration team (time consuming process and absolutely no control) . So can I provide the Employer Letter signed by the reporting manager in my company. This is the only supporting document preventing me to move forward with my I-485 filing process.

8. Ratna Kumar

Ratna Kumar New Member

Hi Ron,

In I-131 (Application for Travel document) Part 3, where it asks for date of intended departure, some folks suggest we put in random dates in Dec even if there are no fixed plans, so USCIS "may" issue the AP by then.

What are your thoughts on this? Do we fill in random dates, or leave it blank

9. dhakkan

dhakkan Senior Member

Thanks for the prompt response Ron. How can I get information regarding your firm (contact, pricing etc) if I wish to avail services for immigration, consultation etc? The 'Contact us' link at the bottom section of this site leads to a 404 error..

10. Ron Gotcher

You need to discuss this with the attorney who will be handling your case.

11. Ron Gotcher

Use a date 90 days out.

12. Ron Gotcher

We would be happy to help you. Our flat, all-inclusive attorney’s fee, is $1,200 for the principal applicant, $900 for the spouse and any children 14 or older, and $600 for children under 13. This include all responses that may be required (RFE, NOID, etc.) as well as unlimited contact with our attorneys. It also includes the initial filing of the applications for EAD and advance parole.

If you would like to proceed, please send the first and last names of all applicants, as well as your preferred email address and phone number to AOS@GotcherLaw.com..

13. sabegh singh virdi

sabegh singh virdi New Member

Hello,

Does an one has any experience in getting a modified Birth Certificate (BC) from Municipal Office (I'll be interested in Mumbai, Maharashtra area).

My Wife's name is misspelled : Kawal, instead of Kanwal (all latter documents has Kanwal on it)
    Her Last Name is also misspelled and also small issue with her Father's name too.

Lawyer is saying get a new BC, mere Affidavit won't suffice... Is it easy to get amended BC, please share your experience... if not what are my other options?

Thanks,