1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is The Best Way To Stop The Premium Processing Request Send To Uscis ?

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Applications' started by sammy86, Sep 22, 2016.

1. sammy86

sammy86 New Member

I have send (H1B extension + h4 extension) in a same package to USCIS through Premium Processing... And it has been received and I got EAC numbers for them:
    Can I stop H4 extension petition by any chance without effecting H1B extension? If yes, How? Do I need to call USCIS with the H4 Case number and inform them to stop it?? Will they ask any reason?

2. Greeeeencard

Greeeeencard Guru

Why would you do that?

3. Michelle Choe

Michelle Choe Attorney at Law

The H-4 applicant can write a letter to the USCIS requesting to withdraw their application>

4. sammy86

sammy86 New Member

Thanks Michelle Choe. I really appreciate your response.

I will be sending 1 day courier with tracking but is it opened by the officer or not, hey have received my request to stop processing? How would and when I get to know..

And regarding why I want to stop this processing as my H1B is picked in lottery.. Its OCT 4, have not received decision yet, and I am thinking to update it to premium but in case my H4 is also in pending and if its gets approve after my H1B then I will again be on H4 visa which I dont want so I am thinking as soon as I get response for Premium result, on the same day I will send request to stop my H4 processing? Dear Attorney, am I on the right track or I'm missing something?

Greeeeencard likes this.
  5. sammy86

sammy86 New Member

I replied on the above thread

Greeeeencard likes this.
  6. Greeeeencard

Greeeeencard Guru

Ok, got it. Call them to raise a SR to stop it. Quicker than writing a letter.

7. sammy86

sammy86 New Member

Only way to stop is by writing letter not by calling them as suggested by Attorney Michelle

8. sammy86

sammy86 New Member

Please Let me know. Your input will help me to make decision for premium

I will be sending 1 day courier with tracking but is it opened by the officer or not, hey have received my request to stop processing? How would and when I get to know..

And regarding why I want to stop this processing as my H1B is picked in lottery.. Its OCT 4, have not received decision yet, and I am thinking to update it to premium but in case my H4 is also in pending and if its gets approve after my H1B then I will again be on H4 visa which I dont want so I am thinking as soon as I get response for Premium result, on the same day I will send request to stop my H4 processing? Dear Attorney, am I on the right track or I'm missing something?[/QUOTE]