1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wait For June/july Bulletin Or Apply For H4 Ead

Discussion in 'H4 employment authorization' started by pradoreddy, Apr 14, 2015.

1. pradoreddy

pradoreddy Member

I have a situation here. My PD is 15 May 2009. I did not apply for EAD in 2012 due to marriage. Should my wife wait for June/July bulletin or apply for H4 EAD on May 26. Is it hard to convert H4 EAD application to regular EAD application?
    Any experts advice?

2. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

An EAD is an EAD and it does not matter if it is through AOS or H4 eligibility. She can apply for EAD under H4 status on May 26th. If you get to file for AOS, you simply do not need to apply for her EAD again.

3. pradoreddy

pradoreddy Member

Thank you Kamakazee for your reply. Sorry for a naive question. I heard that H4 EAD validity is based on H4 -797 date and is not eligibile for Advance Parole.So when I get to file AOS I just need to file my wife's 485 and Advance Parole. Is that correct?

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Yes. When she files her I-485, include both an I-131 and an I-765. She doesn't really need a new EAD, but since you are paying for it anyway, why not get one with a later expiration date?