1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visa Stamping Questions

Discussion in 'NIV applications in India' started by Avis2012, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Avis2012

Avis2012 Junior Member

Hi!

I would like the experts here to provide their thoughts on my situation below.

1. Completed 6 years of H1 with employer A. A had filed for I-140 and extended H1B beyond 6 years.

2. Transferred my H1 from employer A to B and extended H1 until Jul-2016 using the approved I-140 of my previous employer A. H1 visa of employer A stamped in my passport was expired.

3. I believe my I-140 filed by previous employer A has not been revoked (since there is not change in status). No PERM or I-140 has been filed by current employer by B yet.

Being in this situation, I am planning to visit India this March and apply for visa at the consulate.

1. Is it okay to apply for visa stamping with I-140 (whether revoked or not) filed by previous employer A?

2. To be safe, do I have to wait until my current employer B to file atleast PERM before applying for visa stamping?

3. Will there be any other issues that I should be concerned about my current situation?

4. I checked with my lawyer and she does not seem to see any issues with my current situation. According to her, applying visa using approved I-140 does not have anything to do with who actually filed I-140. Is it true?

Please provide your valuable thoughts.

Thanks in advance!!!