1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visa Recapture

Discussion in 'Visa Modernization' started by s_gan, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

It's sad that the public is so gullible that they buy this nonsense without testing its validity. Consider, I could make a fact based argument that right wing politicians favor the creation of death camps for illegals. How? There have been deaths at the internment facilities for illegals. Politicians on the right want to build more internment facilities. In other words, they want to build more death camps.

2. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

Unfortunately, a large number of people still believe that if something on a "news" website, it is true. Moreover, right wing supporters believe in all sorts of conspiracy theories. If they think they need guns to protect themselves from the government, and evolution theory is bunkum, they really want to believe anything that is anti government, particularly anything that vilifies this (black) president.

3. Ron Gotcher

I agree, but people on the left are just as crazy.

4. ColumbusDude

ColumbusDude Active Member

Can you post this in appropriate Thread? This thread is only 'Visa Recapture'

5. ddran

ddran Member

i140 Premium processing spiked for past 6 months. Good strategy to earn more money by spreading prospective rumors that USCIS/DOS actively working on AOS for i140 and its high priority for the department.

6. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

What is noticeable is that the number of right wing articles mentioning recapture or something along those lines have cropped up in the past few weeks. It is similar to the ones which cropped up before the EO announcements in Nov.

7. speedracer

speedracer Guru

you are right Kkz.. they spread the information to build up opposition and they have used these scare tactics to make the process as painful as possible to get anything done.. like in 2007.. or previous efforts.. in congress. This is different as it is directly WH and its moving forward.. atleast looks like moving forward right now..

8. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

What makes you think that administration will go out of the way to recapture/re-interpret ?

9. ColumbusDude

ColumbusDude Active Member

Given the way POTUS came out swinging in November 2014 and the DAPA Left hook that he landed, I would say, POTUS is all set to deliver a Right hook and then some..

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  10. Kamakazee

The real question is - did the administration have any plans to ACTUALLY reduce the backlog when the EO was released in Nov? If no and the only intention was to provide job portability, then Pre-Registration does that and we can all wait till USCIS is done with the rulemaking. Legals will not get anything more. But then, why bother asking about recapture in Jan and again mention that they are discussing it in March? Is it simply a smokescreen?

I still think that the options have been studied and given that lawsuits are being filed for pretty much anything, if they decide to implement it, they will also need to prepare some solid legal backing for doing it. Like Ron said, that may also be the delay.

But it is true that other than the fact that USCIS is moving forward with the Pre-Registration rule, we know nothing more.

11. SGeorge

SGeorge Guru

I get the feeling that IV realised that it is difficult to implement/take too much time than they expected for EAD for I140.So some how they succesfully lobbied to bring the visa bulletin current for a month.DOS can justify the same by saying 'generate inventory' or 'get accurate data for visa modernization'.No litigation issues either.

12. Kamakazee

This hints to say that you expect the VB to be current any time soon. Is the based on the IV newsletter? There are no timings. This thing can happen in another 6 months once USCIS gets the rule ready.

13. SGeorge

SGeorge Guru

Yes,looking at the way IV works, I dont think they will give a heads up to prepare documents, for something which 'might' happen after 6 months.

10YearsWait likes this.
  14. NIW_limbo

NIW_limbo Member

Just fished out a reminder newsletter from IV that was sent on Friday April, 24th 2015 to get the AOS papers ready (basically the same one that was sent earlier last week). Now I am really wondering what is going on. Why did they send a reminder?

15. kkrun

kkrun Member

The "rumor" has been out for a couple of months that somehow dates would be made current for a couple of months during Summer - the rumor is floating even in lawyers community.

I don't know the basis for this intended action, and having lived through so many false alerts, I would believe it when I see it.

IV may know a little more but is acting as if it knows all. I have never seen an organization that intends to represent a section of people, and yet treat the same people so discourteously. I could never summon courage to write there...

cuckoo likes this.
  16. Ron Gotcher

If you persist in making vague predictions of imminent action, and something eventually happens, you can claim that you knew all along that it was coming.

17. Kamakazee

Yep, even if Pre-Registration happens 6 months from now (which we all know will eventually happen since USCIS confirmed they are working on it), they can always come back and say "We told you so 6 months before."

18. Kamakazee

Unfortunately, people working for shady consultants are so desperate to jump ship, they are only looking forward to EAD/AP. Few realize that it does nothing to reduce the backlog, but it may be better than what it is now - till people do not get their replacement EADs in 120 days!!

19. Shane

Shane Junior Member

Something should happen by the end of this year looking at history. :)

20. speedracer

speedracer Guru

it is not just shady consultants but having an EAD/AP means breaking the H1b renewal cycle... no more stamping headache or travel issues..

as far as predictions go.. they are predictions just like a weather man who predicts rains.. if its correct.. then.. u are prepared.. if not.. then no harm .. we just move on..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.