1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visa Recapture 2

Discussion in 'Visa Modernization' started by Ron Gotcher, Apr 29, 2015.

1. alpha0

alpha0 Guru

If departments and WH still do not agree, i am surprised. Last year, president asked DHS secretary (and probably others) to give him a report on what actions he can take on immigration. Obama said he started getting those reports around August. Then in Nov, president again asks the departments to submit a report with what can be done. 2 months after that deadline, they still dont agree. I am amused at the pace at which these things are going on (where as most controversial actions like DACA extention/DAPA were planned and USCIS had all who/when/how lined up a day after obama announcement in Nov).

cuckoo likes this.
  2. amang

amang New Member

Ron, Are you back from your Surgery. Hope all is well. Take care..

3. green Apple TX

green Apple TX New Member

Take care Ron, Wish for speedy recovery

4. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

It is not that they do not agree , just that they don't feel like helping legal immigrants. If they have decided to recapture/re-interpret they will do so only if DACA/DAPA injunction is lifted.

5. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

You think they are delaying recapture/reinterpret because of DACA/DAPA? Why do you think so? Even if they do it, we know that lawsuits will be coming. You do not think the delay is due to them trying to prepare a solid legal backing?

6. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

I don't know how to answer your question. Tell me how long does it take to prepare a solid legal case ?

We all know these proposals were floated about an year ago . It has been 6 months since the exec order came out and 3 months since the proposals were submitted by USCIS. I don't see any reason why I should not be skeptical.

They could wait for 5th circuit court ruling for either of the following reasons

1. Gauge how courts would react to recapture/re-interpretation
    2. Don't help legals until the big issue is sorted out.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  7. Kamakazee

3. Helping legals was never a priority. We were probably put in as a package deal so that the administration doesn't come out looking as though it only wants to help illegals. The H4 EAD rule was thrown in as an early bone so that the legals could be pacified a bit.

But I completely understand why you feel this way. Still it is the government and efficiency, deadlines are words that are vague to them. A deadline of 2 weeks to them is comparable to 7 months in the real world. I want to believe they want to do something for us. Lets see whats in the report. If there is nothing for recapture/reinterpretation, then I will admit words like "visa modernization" means nothing and its just all smoke to hide the benefits given to undocumented.

8. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

I have been assuming that this is the case and will continue to do so until it is proven otherwise

9. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

I'm back. I'm home today. Hopefully, I'll go to the office tomorrow. It all depends on whether I'm still taking pain meds tomorrow.

Litigation to force recapture or reinterpretation has zero chance of success. There is no court in the country that will force the executive branch to take discretionary action.

GeorgeCostanza likes this.
  10. Kamakazee

How did the surgery go Ron? Hope everything went fine. Great to have you back. Still no announcement, so you did not miss anything :)

11. Shane

Shane Junior Member

welcome Back Ron.
    Hope everything went fine!

12. St Jude

St Jude Member

Ron, Good to see you back.

13. cross

cross Junior Member

USCIS cancels DACA teleconference, maybe they were having technical difficulties...

14. Kamakazee

Hmm, first time something got delayed or canceled for the undocumented which is from the administration's side.

15. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

They would not have had much to say as everyone is waiting for the verdict from 5th circuit court.

16. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

take care Ron.

17. groot

groot Member

The call was for renewal of current DACA so not related to verdict

18. cross

cross Junior Member

Time to set off a new round of speculations around this cancellation? :)

19. groot

groot Member

"Technology bottlenecks"

20. Kamakazee

We don't have much to hear from the administration either. Just tell us if you are implementing any or both Rs and we will be on our way. :)