1. When we moved over to the new software, the passwords did not import properly. If you are unable to login and post messages, please send your username to inquiries@gotcherlaw.com and we will reset your password. We apologize for the inconvenience.

visa for my mom

Discussion in 'General nonimmigrant visa issues' started by idania25, Apr 29, 2008.

1. idania25

idania25 Junior Member

if I am an american citizen and at this moment my mom live in united states with me and apply to request for her a "green card" but now visa national center they send me notice of approval (uscis) and then a lot of letter by visa national center and then an appointment to have an interview in her country with me but now I not sure if they have for my mom the final approval do you think that my mom have to travel to her country to have the interview with the embasy of US in her country and then she back with me to usa

thank you!
  2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: visa for my mom

Your mother can apply for adjustment of status as long as she entered the US lawfully. This is true even if she has overstayed because she is the immediate relative of s US citizen. On the other hand, if she has overstayed, she should not go abroad for a visa interview as she may be subject to the 3/10 year bars if she does.
  3. idania25

idania25 Junior Member

althoutgh she habe been approved for USCIS because I received a letter for USCIS where the letter said that she has been approved and then they send her information to center national of visa (USA) and now I have an apppointment and I don't know what I have to do

thank yoo!!!
  4. idania25

idania25 Junior Member

her entry was illegally.....

thank you so much for your answer
  5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You need to retain counsel on this case. Your mother will need a waiver of the 10 year bar to admission. You need to have that done before she leaves to attend a visa interview.
  6. idania25

idania25 Junior Member

which forms that I need to fill aout ,are 2 waiver?

thank you!!
  7. idania25

idania25 Junior Member

the one form I-212 and the the other one what number is?

please
  8. idania25

idania25 Junior Member

and the other one is I -601?