1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visa Bulletin Changes Fall 2015

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by ashnov2012, Jul 21, 2015.

1. waitingg4gc

waitingg4gc Guru

with a caveat: that Mr. Trump doesn't win the coming election :)

cuckoo likes this.
  2. DBCG

DBCG Active Member

I doubt logic or calculation has anything to do with it. I think the only reason this was done was to provide relief so that people have "increased security that they can stay in the United States, set down roots, and more confidently seek out opportunities to build lives in our country."

As we say "Eat the mangoes. Don’t count trees."

cuckoo likes this.
  3. waitingg4gc

waitingg4gc Guru

probably it's not just for giving the relief, they could have done it by moving the existing PD also. I think it has more to do with, controlling the retrogression of PDs

4. DBCG

DBCG Active Member

That too. I can't understand senior members thinking they USCIS/DOS will share some spreadsheet or some lengthy presentation on this. That would only invite scrutiny and kill this system. If this system is the same as before, people have no right to complaint.

5. waitingg4gc

waitingg4gc Guru

I don't think that they will go into much detail about the calculation or the motive behind the invention of this new date,

DBCG likes this.
  6. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Go ahead and file for AOS. You should also talk to your primary care physician about the results.

7. LeoAugust

LeoAugust Guru

Hi Ron,

My PD is Dec-5-2013 EB2I. When it will be current as per the new VB? Any guesstimate please?

Appreciate a reply.

8. Ron Gotcher

No one knows.

cuckoo, manixium and DonDraper like this.
  9. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

Please call 1-800- Charlie Oppenheim for future predictions.

10. Nandakumar

Nandakumar Senior Member

BCG Vaccine is given in India at child age to avoid or prevent TB. You should be happy as you are protected than the other with out that. Earlier USCIS was accepting 10mm of pinkish circle/patch around your TB test injection section, which they now reduced to 4 mm. And if that pink patch is above 4 mm, there is clause specified in the form that the Medical Exam Doctor need to do X-RAY and clarify whether it is a concern or not. Unless you smoke a lot or cough a lot, nothing to be worried. Doctor will input their observation in the sealed form accordingly.

Its up to you to get it clarified with primary physician.

May be someone might have other thoughts or inputs to prove me wrong. :)

11. anugc

anugc Guru

yes that true, I tested false positive. Go get a chest xray done and most likely it will come out negative. the doc will mention the same in the report. nothing to worry. lots of Indians get false positive. infact when I did a second medical last month after one in July 2007 I told them to not even test me and send me directly for xray.

12. Greywind

Greywind Guru

My doc ordered the Quantiferon test, since I had the BCG vaccine. This test only gives out positive for an infection, but not for the vaccine. Check out the link below from quest. Perhaps you can get it done and send the results to keep your mind at ease.
    http://www.questdiagnostics.com/home/physicians/testing-services/by-test-name/quantiferon

13. Veda2014

Veda2014 New Member

You can meet up with your primary care physician or a local health clinic to investigate further. People from TB-endemic countries will test positive if they have been exposed to TB in the past; however, they may not have developed the lung diseases. So chest X-ray is negative. The BCG vaccine may provide a positive skin-test result but only within a few years after vaccination. Usually BCG is given to infants/babies in India and the skin test you get as an adult will not necessarily reflect that. The TB blood test is much more reflective of whether you were exposed to TB or not. BCG vaccination would not show positive result by the blood test. Some skin-test positive individuals may get the disease at a later stage in life. If they did, then they could spread it to their children, family members, co-workers and the local community. Imagine if a child gets the disease, then every child and teacher in the school needs to be tested and it becomes a big news in CNN/FOX about the foreigners bringing in the contagious diseases. In order to prevent any possible spread of the disease in future, the CDC recommends that you talk to your doctor and if advised, with appropriate follow-up, take medication (for 6 months). However, you need to be tested and monitored for liver enzyme functions if you will be taking the medication. Your PCP should advise you on this.

yamanoor likes this.
  14. yamanoor

yamanoor Guru

Second this. My brother showed up positive because he was tested due to the nature of his job, not for visa reasons. The clinicians, inexperienced as they are, freaked out. Eventually after the X-rays etc., everything settled down.

15. alpha0

alpha0 Guru

Just to give some data - as per Mayo clinic, there are 2 Billion people in world with latent TB infection. As per CDC, about 11+ Million in USA have latent TB infection. There were less than 10000 cases of TB disease in 2013 (out of which 35% patients were US born). You can get more details on cdc link:
    http://www.cdc.gov/tb/publications/factsheets/statistics/tbtrends.htm

16. rcht148

rcht148 Member

Fixed version: "There were less than 10000 reported cases of TB disease in 2013 (out of which 35% patients were US born)."
    Not every country has good data collection/reporting mechanisms.

17. manixium

manixium Super Moderator

I read a bunch of tweets by Greg and he thinks the dates may not move till next spring - Mar 2016 - because that would give an accurate count of visa usage.

I guess what we have to look forward to is the 10/00 I-140 portability rule making draft.

18. mayurjain13

mayurjain13 Junior Member

Seriously no one knows what will happen. It is all speculation. I will not be surprised that the dates move forward in the name of generating inventory.

soopergal likes this.
  19. ColumbusDude

ColumbusDude Active Member

20. Ron Gotcher

As I wrote in another thread, if Greg is Tweeting it, I'm going to take it seriously. He is a very responsible guy and wouldn't post something like this unless he had a good source.