1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visa Bulletin Changes Fall 2015

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by ashnov2012, Jul 21, 2015.

1. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

The conference will be pretty much useless. They are going to give you some vague replies like " We are going to neither confirm nor deny"

jdoe99 and DamperGreen like this.
  2. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Possible, but that would mean that the AD should retrogress at some point .

3. mayurjain13

mayurjain13 Junior Member

I agree it will be useless with some standard answers. I think the next VB will be a good indicator for the rest of the year.

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

EB3P is pretty well known to the State Department since most of those applicants are abroad. This movement will determine which remaining cases still have job offers.

5. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

Ron, if there are so many old EB3P cases, aren't they also subject to the cap?

6. Ron Gotcher

Yes they are.

7. jdoe99

jdoe99 Well-Known Member

Yup, beyond the cap I would assume most of the horizontal spillovers to go to EB3I because of older PD's. I frankly dont see how a majority of the EB3P's could have older PD's as their dates have been consistently well ahead of EB3I.

8. Kamakazee

Then how does EB3P move to 2013? It was at 2013 even in the Jan 2015 VB. Then it moved back to the same date in India and then moved to 2013 again. That's what puzzling.

usvisas likes this.
  9. Kamakazee

And that's why I do not understand the rapid movement of EB3P and no movement of EB3I.

10. rcht148

rcht148 Member

Like some others I think that this move is purely to provide relief to backlogged folks (quote from USCIS site: 'provide relief to workers facing lengthy adjustment delays.').

Do you really think there was any *need* for EB2I to be moved beyond May '10? I don't think so. They have enough i485 applications already filed + porters who will ensure they have their hands full for the next 2 years.
    I believe moving EB2I and EB3P was just a judgement call. EB3I may see this next month or quarter.
    My 2c..

usvisas and RV1 like this.
  11. Ron Gotcher

Keep in mind that most of the EB3P cases were for job offers many years old. I doubt that the PERMs had "roving employee" language, so while their PDs are still good, they need new PERMs and I-140s. Bottom line, there probably aren't that many people ready to immigrate right now. That will change within the next year.

12. ColumbusDude

ColumbusDude Active Member

There is not a peep about that Conference Call on the 16th. What happened?

13. soopergal

soopergal Guru

Got cancelled

14. ColumbusDude

ColumbusDude Active Member

I am not surprised, because they would have been out on a limb trying to explain their stupid logic or calculations behind the Dates in the October VB. It would make sense for them to release the Nov VB after fixing their stupidity and then having a Conference Call.

jdoe99 and s_gan like this.
  15. kd082108

kd082108 Guru

I may be wrong but USCIS have nothing to do with the movement of the VB or Dates. DOS is responsible for Dates or VB and USCIS role is to send the pending inventory I485 data to DOS. That is the reason CO is and will talk to AILA after every VB release (He already met with AILA this month). However, the current meeting that was scrapped by USCIS may be related to the documents that needs to submit for early AOS (Acceptance Date). Like Medicals, etc.

Again, Please correct me if I am wrong.

DBCG likes this.
  16. waitingg4gc

waitingg4gc Guru

it seems the statement from Mr.Op that there will be little movements in AD in the coming months have taken away all the passion from these i140 blogs. very few posts in the last couple of days.

17. mayurjain13

Yeah, I think we are all waiting for 2019 when the dates will move again!

cuckoo likes this.
  18. Shane

Shane Junior Member

Ron,
    Please advise me.
    I have Completed Medical exam.

They found TB Test positive but X-ray report came negative. They have said it's because of a BCG vaccine I received in India that is why it came positive.

Doc office said it's ok for immigration purposes and have signed the form but they have recommend me to local health care provider.

Can you please tell me what do I need to do?

19. waitingg4gc

waitingg4gc Guru

Damn! my daughter will be 5 by then, and probably 15 by the time I will get my gc :)

20. mayurjain13

You are very optimistic! ;)