1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visa Bulletin Changes Fall 2015

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by ashnov2012, Jul 21, 2015.

1. ARam

ARam Guru

I will not believe anything IV or the Govt says. Afterall, as an organization IV dumps on the same people it claims to represent not unlike the govt. While they may have had some meetings in context with Immigration related personnel at the WH, the information coming out has been haphazard, incorrect, confusing and many times downright abusive. I have stopped taking them seriously.

cuckoo and jdoe99 like this.
  2. Irm3

Irm3 Member

True! IV mentioned that due to h4ead law suit administration decided to change plans and not proceed with it.

3. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

Ok, that is all I needed to know.

4. gcmatters

gcmatters Guru

Yes I also think that.

5. gcmatters

gcmatters Guru

s_gan - That's a good question s_gan but I don't know why.

6. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Yes. My sense is that OPT extension is deeply flawed. If someone gets promoted how would you justify keeping the person onOPT?

I think it will be struck down.

7. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

They decided not to proceed with early AOS because of H4 EAD lawsuit. They decided not to implement recapture because of DAPA lawsuit. But they have decided to proceed with unlawful presence waivers of inadmissibility inspite of these lawsuits ??

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    mar212011 and cuckoo like this.
  8. Senram

Senram Member

Plaintiffs have reasonable chance to win the H4-EAD,DAPA and OPT extension. But H4-EAD and OPT extension government has an edge by Administrative power and financial capacity though government has weaker standing in legal authority of DHS. So it entirely depends on Judge and I do not have any prediction of the two lawsuits. Again government will appeal if they lose the case but plaintiffs may not go more than circuit court.But DAPA the plaintiffs and government has equal financial capacity. Government has administrative power but plaintiffs have good legal standing on the issue. So government is losing side on DAPA. But due to financial capacity plaintiffs lost original DACA case.

I think legal hurdles may be the reason for dropping the AOS than the lawsuits. PD current is needed by 1991 law and AC21 to file AOS. Can the law changed by regulation? I really doubt. But DHS can give EAD for selected persons

9. Mayur

Mayur Well-Known Member

I spoke to a student sometime back , who is currently pursuing his masters. According to him if the 6 year OPT rule kicks in it cannot be used all at once.

3 years of OPT period after bachelors and 3 years after masters .

I don't know if this is true or not, can anyone throw some light on this.

If that's really the case then opt is extended from 29 months to 36 months .Most of the students come here for their masters so that's not much of a change

10. ashnov2012

ashnov2012 New Member

Yes it is 3 years after bachelor's and 3 years after masters. But there are some loop holes as always, while doing your masters you can be on CPT and work. It's all stupid, I would rather increase H1 6 year limit.

11. Kamakazee

Yes, but that would require Congress to pass a bill and that's not happening anytime soon. So, OPT can be increased by DHS/USCIS by bypassing Congress and that's what they are doing.

ashnov2012 likes this.
  12. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Between 10/01/2014 and 08/01/2015 there are only 18.5K ROW(excluding China) labor approvals which roughly 2.1K per month.

Assuming a 50:50 split it is 12K petitions for EB2 and 12K for EB3 and the demand is likely to be around 24K for each category.

If this trend continues EB3I will advance by atleast few years and EB2I should advance by 1 year.

jdoe99 likes this.
  13. Kamakazee

I think ROW files for more EB3s than EB2s. Can we assume a 50:50 split?

14. mar212011

mar212011 Well Regarded Member

Do you mean September or October bulletin

15. Kamakazee

He means October when the new visas get allocated. Little or no movement for EB2I in September. EB3I may move to Nov 2004.

16. mar212011

Ok so this is based on known numbers, going by the statement the bulletin will move dates aggressive in first quarter , would make it move to 2010 for EB2 ? hopefully?

17. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Agree that ROW files more EB3s. I assumed a 50:50 split to make a conservative estimate.

18. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

October

19. manixium

manixium Super Moderator

So I guess next month we will know about how much the movement is - whether a lot, depending on the EO, or modest. October's filings are advertised in September, correct?

20. mar212011

yes I'm sure around september 10th some websites will go down