1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visa Bulletin Changes Fall 2015

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by ashnov2012, Jul 21, 2015.

1. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Your point is valid for eb3I why will eb3 row go down ?

2. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

I see very few ROW getting hired in EB2

3. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

I expect the dates to advance in October bulletin and many unused visas from FY 2015 getting used in October.

Even though this is not allowed under the law we have seen this happen in the previous years.

4. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

That was the very purpose of increasing the STEM OPT time, wasn't it?

5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Once upon a time I used to pour over the same statistics and try to make sense of them. I then discovered that they are largely fiction and stopped wasting my time.

cuckoo and Mayur like this.
  6. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Will OPT extension get struck down?

7. Mayur

Mayur Well-Known Member

I don't think so , as their intent is to increase/have temporary labor

8. Kamakazee

Why not make STEM OPT for 50 years or something? People will stop trying to get into the lottery every year, work here, retire and then move back to the country they were born in. US gets their temporary STEM MS worker too.

cuckoo, jdoe99 and gansat like this.
  9. gansat

gansat Member

I know it's a joke wuth an underlying frustration..:) But that would only relieve the 20K Masters quota and will embolden the IT body shoppers to flood even more applicants as they would think they now have a higher probability of getting selected in the lottery...;)

10. jdoe99

jdoe99 Well-Known Member

I would add the H1 renewals to the same category. Allow unlimited renewals of H1 instead of the current 6 year rule. That way, the companies that do not want to sponsor for permanent residency dont have to file for perm and 140.

11. gansat

gansat Member

They know if they do that ppl will realize nobody will sponsor PR and would start leaving...that's why current situation works perfectly for the employers and is a perfect trap for temporary workers since they lure the worker with the PR dream and get him/her trapped into the system in such a way they can't escape out of it...they anyways achieve the objective of almost unlimited H1B renewals because the person waiting for PR is almost aged out and has very few competitive years left with him/her after getting the PR.

12. Mayur

Mayur Well-Known Member

I bet a lot of people would be happy with that(As all you would need is an emloyer and we all know how it works here:) ). More than PR , I sense that people really want job portability /career progression, That's the reason many are ok with 140 EAD rather than early AOS

13. Kamakazee

Question, how can early AOS happen without increase in visa numbers? When you are saying early AOS, you mean most becoming current right? Not the VB dates moving by 6 months? But that is not possible without adding more visas.

14. manixium

manixium Super Moderator

My guess is this is why they dropped it, too much of a headache to work through. Instead they're focusing on I-140 + EAD because that's at least something entirely new not outright banned by existing law.

I'm guessing they're allowed to make up stuff as long as it isn't banned by existing law.

15. djayash

djayash Guru

I don't think so..Early AOS is merely anticipating when ur PD will be current and letting you file 485 a few months in advacnce

16. Kamakazee

Which probably means nothing if you are waiting for a decade or more.

17. djayash

djayash Guru

Unfortunately, That is correct...Might be helpful for people who are close..

18. Irm3

Irm3 Member

Early AOS was for all I140 approved, this was initially mentioned by IV. Meaning all the I140 approved would be eligible to file I485 in advance(pre-register) and get benefits of EAD/AP and when priority date becomes current go for consular processing in own country for GC. But in AILA annual conference it was mentioned that Early AOS was only for people who are just 6 months away from becoming current. After the WH report it is now claimed by IV that early AOS is shot down because employers advocated to only provide i140ead/ap, showing proof of some of the EB community folks constant tweeting, emailing, signing petitions etc to provide/expedite i140ead/ap. Lazy agencies got convinced with this as they also don't want to get into the mess as it would be more and redundant work for them too.

19. Kamakazee

I read somewhere that IV said that the initial plan was to make all categories current in the July VB bulletin? Since you keep up with their posts, is that true?

20. Kamakazee

You mean by the courts?