1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Victims of Romina Zadorian

Discussion in 'Criminality' started by Ron Gotcher, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Ms. Zadorian has finally been arrested and is facing 36 years in prison. Bail is over $1 million. She is facing 51 counts including theft, forgery and identity theft. The Deputy D.A. handling the case is Dana Aratani at 2135803337 if anyone has any questions or is a victim.

2. piyu7444

piyu7444 Senior Member

Re: Victims of Romina Zadorian

Sorry but who is Romina Zadorian

3. farhad

farhad Junior Member

Looks like a Persian Name!

4. Ron Gotcher

She is a person who does not have a license to practice law, but nonetheless bilked hundreds of people out of millions of dollars by promising that she would do immigration work for them. She did the work, but few if any of her victims actually received any benefits. Because practicing law without a license is illegal in every state, she was charged with a number of criminal offenses. She ran in order to avoid prosecution, but was finally arrested and is in jail now awaiting a final disposition of her case. The DA's office is trying to locate as many of her victims as possible.

If you know of anyone who was victimized by this woman, you should contact the District Attorney at the number shown. If you have been the victim of someone who is practicing law without a license, you should report them to the police.

5. albox

albox Junior Member

I am one of her clients, but I'm affraid to go to authorities and show proofs for her acts.

won't I be deported if i do that?

I still have pending debt to immigration for applications she filed for me and bounced the checks after I paid her.

Any advice on what I should do now?

Thank you

6. Ron Gotcher

Please contact Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney Dana Aratani at 213-580-3337. This is a state criminal prosecution, not federal. The prosecuting attorney has nothing to do with the federal immigration authorities and most definitely will not turn you over to them. They just want to make this woman pay for her crimes. You will not be deported for cooperating.

7. albyg

albyg Junior Member

hi i'm a victim of Romina i've tried to a apply for a work permit (EAD) through her office ended up paying her with a cashier check 4,365$ to the order of USCIS .
    she applied behalf of me for asylum ?!
    now i'm in a pending asylum case + a pending green card renewel case
    i'm in a real mass and i've lost savings of long while for being fooled by her
    is anyone can help me in my case in this country ??
    or am i facing deportation and no one cares of an immigrant tring become legal .

8. Ron Gotcher

If you are in Los Angeles (as most of the victims are), why don't you call Catholic Charities and ask them for assistance. They have helped a number of the other victims.

At the same time, this should serve as fair warning to people who select notaries, unsupervised paralegals, and other unlicensed individuals as their representatives. In the end, you get what you pay for.

9. kojoxx

kojoxx Junior Member

If you paid with cashier check ask for a copy of the check from the bank, if in the back of the check there is no stamping by the USCIS (which im preety sure there isnt knowing how romina worked) you can file furgery through the bank and get your money back!!!!

10. kojoxx

kojoxx Junior Member

I was a victim of romina as well but im not to sure if i want to complain about her since she had some scary people surrounding her and i think they might come to who ever complain against her !!! is there any chance that people who were fooled by romina will get any benefits from the immigration due to the fact that they were victims????

11. Ron Gotcher

The CIS will adjudicate the cases on their individual merits. There may be some suspicion with respect to the evidence submitted, and some people may get RFEs as a result, but they will not simply deny all cases filed by this woman.

12. hsin7255

hsin7255 Junior Member

i m her victim as well. i have recieved the letter from state bar and have contacted with them.
    but i m dying to know if there is any way or chances that we can fix our status.. i heard that due to it' not the case for fedral but state only, so there is nothin we can do about our status.

13. Ron Gotcher

The State of California has nothing to do with immigration. They are prosecuting this woman for fraud and practicing law without a license. You will have to work on your immigration status separately.

14. Lory

Lory Junior Member

I am antoher a Victim if Romina Zadorian.
    I paid her $15,000 (in cash cash)
    She never did anything for me.
    She took my money and i never herd from her.
    I am to afraid to get deported there for i will not say anything.

15. Ron Gotcher

The Los Angeles District Attorney is handling the prosecution and restitution to victims. They have no connection with the CIS, nor will they tell them anything about your case. It is safe to call the DA about this.

16. Sunshine123

Sunshine123 Junior Member

Hello we are a group of around 40 people we all were romina zadorian customers
    we live in New york New jersey Areas and we cant find ant attorney to help us
    what can we do??
    who will step forward to help people who got involve with Romina outside of california
    please if anyone got information who can help us please post it on the website
    phone numbers we can call or anything we can do to bring our life back to the way it used to be
    thanks

17. neutron

neutron Junior Member

Well.. I would dare to say that most of her clients are also committing fraud and I would dare to say - knowingly. I would also dare to say that although DA doesn't report to CIS, but it would be completely irresponsible for DHS not to follow such cases and not to go after the fraudulent clients as well. Often these "lawyers" charge cash and don't have their names anywhere, so if the client won't testify himself - there is no connection.

I wonder... is there any "immigrant protection program"? Wouldn't it be wise if DHS be granting some immigration benefits to people who testify against such "lawyers"? Not green card of course, but at least withholding of deportation or at least not giving permanent ban? After all this is how organized crime is dealt with. I think if DHS won't be implementing something similar, people won't testify and these "lawyers" will be getting away with just slap on the wrist.

18. Vilma de hernández

Vilma de hernández Junior Member

I would like tho know if this case is close? I am a victim too but i decided to come back to my country