1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Important Change Of Address Information

Discussion in 'Naturalization to become a US citizen' started by Ron Gotcher, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

The CIS has just gone over to an e-filing system for both AR-11 and change of address notifications for people with pending cases before the CIS. I've posted information on this over on the main ImmInfo.com site in the News section. I'll be posting more as soon as it becomes available.

For those who need to file an AR-11, this allows you to print off a copy of the form that you file electronically, as well as an immediate confirmation number.

For those who have moved, this system makes an immediate change in the CIS database for your specific matter (which you must identify by receipt number).

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Why am I not surprised that the N-400 update portion of the CIS online change of address feature is not working yet?

3. JeffDG

JeffDG Senior Member

One note on the online AR-11...there are times you cannot use it. It has a mandatory field for your last port of entry, and that field is missing many options, so if you entered at a port of entry that doesn't exist on their list on the form, you cannot truthfully fill out the form, and you have to file paper.