1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uscis To Nvc Case Transfer Timeline

Discussion in 'Consular processing' started by Arnab, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Arnab

Arnab New Member

Hi Ron ,

It has been 40 days since my I-140 was approved by USCIS and NVC says that they have still not received the case fro USCIS . They simply asked me to send an e-mail to nvcresearch@state.gov with the I-140 receipt number.

Are you seeing such delays or is this normal ? What should I do ?

Thanks ,
    AG

2. Arnab

Arnab New Member

May I also add that my PD is current.

3. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Typical processing time is 60 days. Call NVC at 6:59 AM Eastern to get a quicker response.

4. Arnab

Arnab New Member

Hi S_Gan , There is a new twist now ..Attorney had clearly requested for Consular processing on I-140 , but USCIS has approved I-140 with adjustment of status. As a result the I797 has not moved to the NVC. On noticing the error the attorney has sent an e-mail make this correction. I-140 was premium processing.Do you know how long does the USCIS take to make this correction and issue a new I-797.

5. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

+ @Ron Gotcher

I don't know. Are you sure that the attorney requested CP on I-140?

6. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

If all is as you represent, it shouldn't take long since the PP unit is handling it.

7. Arnab

Arnab New Member

Thanks Ron and s_gan .I know the attorney did not make a mistake because he shared the I-140 form with me and clearly says in part 4 that the Alien will apply for a visa in a US embassy abroad.

8. Arnab

Arnab New Member

Here is the screenshot of my I-140 form with 1a indicating request for Consular processing. How can the USCIS go wrong in this ?
    [​IMG]

9. Arnab

Arnab New Member

Hi Ron ,
    Based on my previous interactions my I-140 approved by USCIS in error for 485( USCIS Error). When my employer wrote to them they corrected it within 5 days and sent me an corrected and approval notice for NVC on April 5th 2016. Please see new approval notice below .It has since been 22 days , and NVC says they have still not received the approved I-140 copy. How long does is it taking these days for NVC to receive the petition from USCIS ? What timelines are you seeing for this process currently for such cases in your portfolio ?

10. Arnab

Arnab New Member

Hi Ron ,
    Based on my previous interactions in this discussion , my I-140 approved by USCIS in error for 485( USCIS Error). When my employer wrote to them they corrected it within 5 days and sent me an corrected and approval notice for NVC on April 5th 2016. Please see new approval notice below .It has since been 22 days , and NVC says they have still not received the approved I-140 copy. How long does is it taking these days for NVC to receive the petition from USCIS ? What timelines are you seeing for this process currently for such cases in your portfolio ?

Thanks,
    Arnab

Attached Files:

11. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Congrats!! it took about 30 days for me.

12. Arnab

Arnab New Member

S_gan ,
    Please correct me if I was wrong , but yours was an I-824 and not a direct NVC transfer from USCIS , correct ? Also do you mind telling what what month did this happen ? My PD is current .. after how many days if NVC's receipt can I expect an interview ?

13. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

My PD was never current.

Did your attorney receive Visa fee bill?

Typically it takes 30-60 days for them to send the visa fee bill. After the fee is paid they send you an email asking for application and documents. It takes about 30-60 days to process the application. They will schedule the interview right away if your date is current at the time of processing the application.

bhuvr likes this.
  14. Arnab

Arnab New Member

Hi Ron/S_Gan,
    My petition was approved by the USCIS on April 5th 2016. My Question is how long is it taking for it to "reach" NVC after approval . The question of fee bill arises only when the petition reached NVC and they have generated a number .

USCIS Approval -> Send to NVC (Timeline) -> NVC Receives -> NVC Generated case numner( Timeline)-> NVC Generates Visa fee bill( timeline)..

Mine question is around the first timeline. Since Ron does a lot of NVC cases for his clients, was hoping to ask him or other folks on what timelines are they seeing for USCIS to NVC transfer.

15. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

For me it took about 30 days after I-824 approval.

bhuvr likes this.