1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

URGENT! my i20 has expired, but i don't want to have violation on record

Discussion in 'College and University Faculty' started by jenny santana, Feb 6, 2011.

1. jenny santana

jenny santana Junior Member

am an international student. i go to community college to get associate degree in business. last semester (fall 2010) supposed to be my last semester, but the academic counselor mistakenly counted what classes that i had taken. which means that i have to take another class in order to graduate.
    we purposely did shorten the i20 because we thought that i was going to graduate, but when i applied for the graduation, the head department sent me a letter (nov 18, 2010) saying that I haven't met all the requirement to graduate in AA business program.
    i brought the letter to the counselor and it took a week for him to process this issue. we finally got the answer that i couldn't graduate and need a parent's financial bank statement for i20 extension. i was waiting for the bank statement and it arrived on january 4, 2011 (because the school closed from (dec 24-jan 02). i was late to extend my i20 and now My i20 said that i had graduated on dec 20, 2010. now, i am in my 60 days grace period of time.

the school suggested me to do the reinstatement, which has 50% to be approved and 50% to be denied.
    but, i really do not want to have any violation on my record.
    my question:
    1. will i still have violation record if i go back to my country and continue my education in other country?
    2. can i come back to US with a new i20 from a different university and continue study to get bachelor degree in business before or after i finish my associate degree in other country?

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: URGENT! my i20 has expired, but i don't want to have violation on record

You appear to be doing everything right. Try for reinstatement. Based on what you have written, my feeling is that it will be successful. If it is not, you would have to leave, but it would not be a "black mark" against you for future visits.

3. robert84

robert84 Junior Member

I think go to..........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. hambim336

hambim336 Junior Member

Hi

You can find this info by using search box in the top of website with some keywords related before posting questions.

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit:
    Market analyst job description

Best regards.