1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated Cutoff Date Movement Information

Discussion in 'Visa quota and cutoff date issues' started by Ron Gotcher, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

This is from the latest liaison meeting with the Visa Office (2/10/2015)

EB-2 India. The big news in the March 2015 Visa Bulletin is the advancement of the EB-2 India cut-off date by 16 months—from September 1, 2005 to January 1, 2007. Consistent with Charlie’s projections last month, EB-2 India has advanced much earlier than in prior years and more dramatically than the 4 to 6 month minimum discussed in last month’s report.

The State Department is pursuing this strategy in an effort to help ensure the adjudication of pending EB-2 India adjustment of status applications before time sensitive materials expire, and to allow sufficient time for applications to be processed should resources issues arise toward the end of the fiscal year. Charlie anticipates that EB-2 India will advance further in April, though probably not as significantly as that which we saw for March. Charlie anticipates that the EB-2 India cut-off date will likely continue to advance through this fiscal year, but at a steadier rate and without a huge leap forward near the end of the fiscal year as it has in the past. As a result of the EB-2 movement, Charlie anticipates an increase in EB-3 to EB-2 upgrades and hence, more adjustment of status filings. If these numbers are significant, the advancement of EB-2 India may slow, or require a correction.
    EB-2 India remains a category to watch closely as the fiscal year progresses.

EB-2 and EB-3 China. In March, EB-2 China will advance more than five months from March 15, 2010 to September 1, 2010. This is the biggest advancement for EB-2 China in some time. For the past two years, EB-2 China had been advancing at a pace of roughly one month.

The advancement of EB-2 China is attributable in part to light demand in the China family categories, along with an effort to provide sufficient time for new filings to be processed to conclusion this fiscal year. This is likely to continue for at least a little while longer. Note, however, that the EB-3 China cut-off date continues to be more than 13 months ahead of EB-2 China, resulting in EB-3 downgrades. Charlie expects that demand for EB-3 China will continue to grow as a result of the downgrades, which may result in another significant advancement for EB-2 China in April, and a priority date hold or retrogression for EB-3 China at some point in the future. The timing of a hold or correction remains uncertain, but it could happen within the next couple of months if the demand witnessed in January continues or increases. A combination of corrective action in the China EB-3 cut-off, and forward movement for EB-2 would end the downgrade trend. That could increase EB-2 demand and impact that cut-off.

As mentioned above, demand for the China family-based categories is currently low. As a result, some China family-based numbers are dropping into the China employment-based categories. A change in this trend would impact future China EB movements.

2. mar212011

mar212011 Well Regarded Member

Thanks for the update. Does it mean EB2 india will move maybe 4-6 months each month till September?

3. Ron Gotcher

You know as much as me. Everything I know is in that report.

4. sigler

sigler Junior Member

Was there anything in the meeting regarding FB categories?

5. Yogi_d

Yogi_d New Member

Thanks for your update!

I am one of the EB2-India applicant with pending AOS status who received medical RFE but my PD ( SEP 2009) never became current last year .Given that my medical examination will expire this year, do you see an chance of USCIS considering such case and bring the date current up to NOV 2009 to take care of such case- I have seen people getting standard medical RFE for applicants with PD into NOV 2009.

I just think it is unfair for many of us to have to do medical for the third time.

6. Ron Gotcher

No.

7. Ron Gotcher

Again, all I know is what the Visa Office said.