1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tro Filed. What Next?

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by djayash, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gcmatters

gcmatters Guru

As per Greg's yesterday's statement " We have been in contact with the government about our case and will continue to do so. We remain hopeful for a QUICK and POSITIVE outcome."

soopergal, djayash and Nandakumar like this.
  2. Vijay Sankaran

Vijay Sankaran Guru

There is nothing called bad press in Politics, especially in immigration. if Govt prevails, then Democrats get credit

3. djayash

djayash Guru

@cuckoo I was about to ask about it for a different reason...Can we make this thread strictly for members only? I mean for existing and not new ones that join later...Not sure if that would help in any way...

gcmatters likes this.
  4. R_S

R_S Guru

Ron how are u feeling now ??

USCIS for Argument: Might say that the Date of Filling went into effect on Oct 1st and we did that before that date? Can we have a solid counter argument against this ??

5. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

Sorry to bring this up - I see Greg tweeting IV asking if they know some specific cases, asking about other things which can help the case. Greg and most lawyers constantly mentioned the flower campaign in their blogs and repeatedly mention that we must unite and put pressure from various points (lawsuit/flower campaign/media) on USCIS/DOS. But I have not seen a single tweet from them regarding the lawsuit. Its like they are on their own little flower island. This irks me as they think they are sole copyright of backlogged high skilled immigrants and they are the only ones who should represent the class. Reminds me of the NRA who think they represent all gun owners. Most of my neighbors are gun owners and they hate the NRA.

Again sorry to bring this up at a time when people are desperately waiting for good news.

6. jvxr

jvxr Guru

Each open TCP connection will occupy memory, Typically a browser may open multiple TCP connections. A CMS of this scale may not be able to handle a few thousand concurrent users. We need to scale out instead of scale up here.

7. gcmatters

gcmatters Guru

I wonder we should inform Greg about those clauses that were added in the letter from NVC. They looked pretty much like taken from our lawsuits.

8. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

This argument is being floated by members affiliated to CIS in USCIS.

9. eb2010_relief

eb2010_relief Guru

That's tough to do IMO. How can you distinguish between person looking vs person writing. Everyone is here to either get information or provide any updates etc..

10. djayash

djayash Guru

Our whole arguement is not that the date changes before Oct 1st, but that it changed between Sep 9th and 25th and hence all the hardship...

However, I doubt if we have irreparable damage for TRO...Might be wrong..

11. Kamakazee

And the Republicans will get blamed either way. They have played themselves to a corner.

12. djayash

djayash Guru

Can't the list of current members be hard corded as accessible or this thread?

13. gcmatters

gcmatters Guru

Below are the exact wordings :
    "
    You are cautioned that the beneficiary must not make any firm plans, such as disposing of property, giving up

jobs, or making travel arrangements at this time. We have no way of predicting when it will be possible to

progress with the immigrant visa application."
    @Ron : Have you seen this before in a letter from NVC ?

14. Kamakazee

The argument is that its like if I get to apply tomorrow, I can start the process tonight. It is an exhaustive process. People get medicals done, got their birth certificates in order. Paid their lawyers. And everything was mostly done before the VB was reversed.

15. mar212011

mar212011 Well Regarded Member

saw that as well as some comments over "there" , looks like someone is upset with greg because he didnt support hr3012- so they treat him like this even though he is trying to help

16. pulpfiction

pulpfiction Guru

Second that

17. ksrinivasan7021

ksrinivasan7021 Junior Member

when Greg asking for volunteers to talk to CNN reporter they have interfered and told the reporter to promote the #FlowerCampaign . also they are stopping the affected people to tell their story in media.. they are having more concern on IV Propaganda than actual issue. in my personal opinion, their main intention now Greg to fail.

jdoe99 likes this.
  18. pdevarapu

pdevarapu Junior Member

I think this language was always there. Not sure where i saw this, but it was there before

19. gcride001

gcride001 Member

we were supposed to hear in 36 hours from monday evenng, then by am on thursday....im afraid not its getting closer to Noon, will we hear anything today?

20. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

IMPORTANT - All members of the forum should now be able to see a new forum area in Forum Administration. It is titled Members Only and permissions to view and post are limited to members only. Anyone may become a member and participate, but it will be invisible to guests. Let's continue this conversation there.

Nandakumar, jdoe99 and GeorgeCostanza like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.