I am on H1B visa and my husband is on H4. He doesn't live in the US, works outside of the country, and travels on H4. Our visas are valid till March 2018. My company is going to file an immigration petition under EB1b. We would like to do concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485 with premium processing. The plan is for my husband to come to the US when my company is ready to file. I am assuming that within two weeks after USCIS receives our application we will know the decision. Let's say I-140 gets approved. 1. Should he be in the US at the time of I-140 approval since we are thinking of concurrent filing? I am getting conflicting responses on whether its advisable to travel outside of the US while I-485 is pending. 2. While our I-485/AOS is pending can my husband travel outside of the US since our visas are valid till March 2018? Or does H1 vis required validation in order to enter back into the US. 3. Or should he not leave the US until we get travel documents? 4. Does the rule of last action apply here? After filing for AOS does does H1/H4 visa still remain valid? I don't have any urgency to travel. However since my husband is employed outside of the US he may not be able to stay here till our AOS is adjucated. The processing times are in months. Its not going to be easy to get excused from work for so long.