Hello Ron, Some versions of this question have been asked before, but I couldn't find a scenario that fit me. My wife is on H4 visa with an approved 797, but the visa stamp on her passport is expired. We applied for her EAD in August, and she was hoping that she can travel to India while the application is pending. I will be in the US to respond to any RFE, and we are planning for her to go to the US consulate in India to renew her visa. What issues do you foresee with this plan (if any)? Thanks!