1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travel With Ead Pending, Approved H4 But Expired H4 Visa Stamp

Discussion in 'H4 employment authorization' started by tightlipped, Sep 9, 2015.

1. tightlipped

tightlipped Junior Member

Hello Ron,

Some versions of this question have been asked before, but I couldn't find a scenario that fit me. My wife is on H4 visa with an approved 797, but the visa stamp on her passport is expired. We applied for her EAD in August, and she was hoping that she can travel to India while the application is pending.

I will be in the US to respond to any RFE, and we are planning for her to go to the US consulate in India to renew her visa. What issues do you foresee with this plan (if any)?

Thanks!

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

As long as she gets a new H4, she is golden.

3. tightlipped

Thanks Ron! The H4 visa at the consulate has it's inherent unpredictability, but the EAD application won't be impacted any bit with the travel, right?

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

No, but if she doesn't get the visa, she won't be able to come back.

5. tightlipped

Thanks Ron - yes, she would need the H4 to re-enter, but this would have been the scenario even without the EAD application pending. That's the risk that we are willing to accept (since our Green Card is still some ways away).

6. priyankam10

priyankam10 New Member

Hi

I have similar query.
    I have applied for H4 EAD Renewal and would like to travel abroad. I have approved H4 status till 2019 but visa stamp on my passport is expired.
    Can i travel without any impact to my H4 EAD Renewal. Also, i will get my stamping done before i enter USA. Does visa stamping has anything to do with H4 EAD or i will get it based on H4 status.

7. priyankam10

priyankam10 New Member