1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traffic Ticket

Discussion in 'US citizenship' started by KurChi08, Jul 27, 2016.

1. KurChi08

KurChi08 New Member

Few years back, I was pulled by a cop for not having booster seat for my 6 years old daughter. My daughter was asleep in my wife's lap and I forgot about booster seat leaving in my second car. The fine was $150 and I went to the court and paid the fine. Judge said I will be under court supervision that they remove this from their records if I don't get another citation in 6 months and I did not have another citation till now and I assume the seat car issue for my daughter is erased.

I am planning to appear for N 400 interview. Should I disclose it in my form or no disclose but mention it during interview? Having citation like this, would it cause any issue? If so, how can I handle it?

Thanks.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Disclose it and bring whatever paper records you have.

3. KurChi08

KurChi08 New Member

Thanks, Ron.

But would it be possible they may deny my N400 because of this seat belt child restraint violation?

I am going to collect all the documents but want to make sure would there be any chance they may deny it though i provide all documents.

4. Ron Gotcher

No, that is not a legal basis for denying naturalization.

5. KurChi08

KurChi08 New Member

Thanks, Ron!

I also have an old speeding ticket happened 12 years back in a different state. I paid the fine. I don't remember exact dates and I could not retrieve
    the records from DMV since it's pretty old. How should I handle this situation? Should i also disclose this and if IO ask me, what should i answer and i don't have any details.

Thanks again for your wonderful service!

6. Ron Gotcher

Disclose it and give the information that you can remember. It won't be a problem.

7. KurChi08

KurChi08 New Member

Thanks, Ron!