1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tourist Visa For Wife

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Applications' started by jmd77, Aug 3, 2015.

1. jmd77

jmd77 New Member

Hello,

I am US citizen. I work for obamacare healthinsurance in govt job. I stayed just 3-4 days with wife in India and had to come back due to job. I had promised my wife that i will visit her on October 30th, which happens to be Karwachoth, a very important relgious ceremony and fast that Hindu married women keep. Women don't eat or drink anything all day until seeing husband's face and moon together in night. I cannot visit on october 30th as, obamacare has open enrollment for health insurance starting on November 1,2015, so I cannot be given vacation off to visit wife in India. Also, I am a gold level blood donor(Donated 3-4 times every year from year 2011). Everytime, I visit india, I get banned for 1 year from donating blood and the blood bank that I support, is most of times critically short of the blood supplied. I have filed I-130 for wife,I got receipt, but its still pending.
    My question is.

Question 1 :::::Can she get a tourist visa just for 2-3 months so that we can be together specially on important religious day of fasting of karvachoth.If yes, what catergory of tourist visa should she apply?
    Question 2 :::::::Also if the answer is no, she cannot get visa, even if we still try tourist visa, and if it gets denied, then will it have any impact on her immigration later?

Thanks Everyone

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

File an I-130 and an I-129 concurrently. Tell them that you are a government employee and explain the circumstances. Ask them to expedite the processing. She may be able to come on a K3. Failing that, try for a B visa in India.

3. jmd77

jmd77 New Member

Thanks Ron. I am little confused though. If her k3 does not gets processed before oct 30, and we file a B visa for her, then if K3 gets approved before immigration petition, how will we proceed, will she have to goto india and get k3 and then come back again or can we then depending on duration of b2 visa, withdraw the k3 petition and wait for just immigration or is it after b2, we can file adjustment of status here?

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

If she winds up here, one way or another, she may apply for adjustment of status.