1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today Eb Reform Announcement

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Satish.txt, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manixium

manixium Super Moderator

LOL it's been an anti IV circle jerk since last evening now.
    I would guess there's another 12-24 hours of pants-creaming outrage left that a non-profit org didn't deliver a magic green card like they apparently promised.

2. Satish.txt

Satish.txt Member

let this thread open!!! it breaks all past records

Replies: 699
    Views: 80,516

3. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

All day yesterday I counseled patience. Today, with the new explanations, I've got to call out IV for bullshit. First, they said "have your documents ready so you can file for AOS - big announcement on Monday." When nothing happened, then then said "oh, there were technical problems that prevented the announcement." Then, they claimed that the big news was to have been a report, articulating things that would be done to effect administrative fixes.
    • Why did people need to get their paperwork in order just to receive an announcement?
    • Why was the release of a report held up due to technical problems?
    • Why was IV the only organization in the world with foreknowledge of what was to happen on Monday?
    Doesn't anyone else find it strange that IV, and only IV, knew about this supposed major development - both before and after is was supposed to have happened? Doesn't anyone else find it strange that their story keeps changing?

We all know that there are administrative reforms in the works. Anyone can claim to know that "something big" is about to happen in order to draw attention to themselves. If they get lucky, coincidence might even favor them.

The thing that gets me upset is the way they shamefully got peoples' hopes up when there was really nothing there. That is criminal and they should be ashamed of themselves.

4. Vikas Khokha

Vikas Khokha New Member

Very well said Ron

5. gten20

gten20 Junior Member

6. Vikas Khokha

Vikas Khokha New Member

Hi Ron,

My wife changed her job after her I140 approval. Her previous employer kept her I140 intact without revoking it. Could any possible reform affect her?

7. manixium

manixium Super Moderator

Ron, most of your assessment is fair, but I still don't think there was any malicious intent in it overall. I think they had a source they believed in which turned out to be unreliable. If anything, this shows the need for caution when dealing with Government entities for any individual or non-profit org, and to never commit to absolutes.

Why make such a bold announcement in the hope of some coincidence aiding them, when the risk of failure and mockery is so high (as evinced in the sustained and intense backlash?) I'm not stating this as some IV fan; this is just Occam's razor.

8. RealisticOptimist

RealisticOptimist Member

9. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Only if she plans, in good faith, to go back to work for the original employer.

10. msr

msr Member

manixium,

I have been noticing that the moment someone talks something negative about IV, you tend to jump in & answer. Trust me folks are pissed off :). If you don't like what folks are saying about IV stop replying to the posts here or simply ignore them. Just a suggestion.

11. msr

msr Member

Doesn't anyone else find it strange that IV, and only IV, knew about this supposed major development - both before and after is was supposed to have happened? Doesn't anyone else find it strange that their story keeps changing?

My answer is - I found it very strange for all of the above.

12. Vikas Khokha

Vikas Khokha New Member

She will eventually as the green card is per future employment. But her current H1 is through her new employer and I140 through the previous employer. How can we work this out?

13. msr

msr Member

14. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

time to close this thread

gten20 likes this.
  15. gcmatters

gcmatters Guru

Ron,
    According to you from below what is/are the changes/fixes that can partially/fully implemented via memorandum?

1) AOS(EAD and AP) for approved I-140 ? Or Just EAD for I-140
    2) Visa recapture ?
    3) None above and something else trivial?

16. msr

msr Member

I agree. We have had enough drama already. Ron .. please close this thread when you get chance.

17. RealisticOptimist

RealisticOptimist Member

yep this dude made my day

18. gten20

gten20 Junior Member

Because their audience trust them and have no other hope (as IV sell's it). They bash and shame anyone who tries to criticize.
    It's somewhat similar to why Bill O'Reilly got a pass and Brian Williams got sacked.

Interesting read - PBS article on SMELL test.
    http://www.pbs.org/mediashift/2013/...test-to-separate-fact-from-fiction-online038/

19. manixium

manixium Super Moderator

I'm just trying to balance things out here, and to get people to look at it a different way. Why do you think I shouldn't be doing that?
    Are there any logical inconsistencies in my position?
    Don't you think a forum is up for discussion and debate, and silencing of views is contrary to the stated intent?
    And if you read my posts again - perhaps calmly this time - you'll notice I've criticized them as well. I just don't think ranting and raving is productive.

20. msr

msr Member

I totally agree with your opinion on this, Ron. The whole episode is shameful, disgusting & unacceptable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.