1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thread For People Interested In Becoming Plaintiffs In A Class Action To Recover Wasted Visas.

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Skd1234

Skd1234 New Member

If you don't like the idea that is totally fine. I will still appreciate and support your work

2. Skd1234

Skd1234 New Member

But as you said an active group formation is the need of the today being things so turbulent and people are in lot of confusion that whom to follow and who is right. Plz correct me if I am wrong

3. Skd1234

Skd1234 New Member

I am saying as I contributed time and money but didn't achieve the desired results

4. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

You are questioning the advocacy group's legality again lol.. sorry not you cuckoo.. it was for the previous post.

Skd1234 likes this.
  5. novembereb3

novembereb3 New Member

I am interested

6. 10YearsWait

10YearsWait New Member

7. Skd1234

Skd1234 New Member

Just a quick question aabout legal system in this country that how long a case can drag

8. Aviator

Aviator New Member

9. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

Depends on the case and court. A civil action in a district court would take 2 to 3 years if it goes to trial

10. Aarun

Aarun Member

Any thoughts on this? I received this from USCIS yesterday morning -

Beginning with the November 2015 Department of State (DOS) Visa Bulletin, if USCIS determines that there are more immigrant visas available for a fiscal year than there are known applicants for such visas, we will state onwww.uscis.gov/visabulletininfo that applicants may use theDates for Filing Visa Applications chart. Unless otherwise stated on our website, the Application Final Action Date chart will be used to determine when individuals may file their adjustment of status applications.

We anticipate making this determination each month and posting the relevant chart on our website within one week of DOS’ publication of the Visa Bulletin.

About the Visa Bulletin
    DOS publishes current immigrant visa availability information in a monthly Visa Bulletin. The Visa Bulletin indicates when statutorily limited visas are available to prospective immigrants based on their individual priority date.

• The priority date is generally the date when the applicant’s relative or employer properly filed the immigrant visa petition on the applicant’s behalf with USCIS. If a labor certification is required to be filed with the applicant’s immigrant visa petition, then the priority date is when the labor certification application was accepted for processing by Department of Labor.
    • Availability of an immigrant visa means eligible applicants are able to take one of the final steps in the process of becoming U.S. permanent residents.
    Learn more about adjustment of status and the Visa Bulletin on our website.

11. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

If facts are not in dispute and it is only a question of law, it could be resolved earlier 1 to 1.5 years average. Then it goes to the appeal court or circuit court. Takes about an year there. Sometimes, judges can sit over a case for up to an year before rendering a decision prolonging the total time involved

12. allswell

allswell Guru

ok so our lawsuit essentially can take years before it sees light...I mean the one greg is fighting

13. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

All cases are unique. It is too early to say which way this will go. It could be resolved within a month out of court or drag in court for an year. Considering people could be facing much longer wait times and flowers and "advoccay" for the last several years has failed to do anything much at all, it isn't a bad option

14. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

Keep in mind a large majority of cases reach a settlement

15. Senram

Senram Member

If the defendent has less chance of winning or some secrets they want to tell in the court then settlement is possible. It is premature to say but it is not bad to be optimistic of winning the case or settlement. Even if no settlement the case could finish in 9 months but because there is no complexity it could finish much earlier

16. SGeorge

SGeorge Guru

I do not think USCIS is going to settle this.If they speed up I140 EAD rule, then Greg might settle this and save his face.Only relief we could expect is court can tell them to repay for the medicals or ask to accept those medicals whenever the dates are current. USCIS appears very stubborn about the reversal.

17. smartboy

smartboy Senior Member

I sincerely hope that the settlement would atleast be reached after the discovery phase or atleast happens in two steps - One that involves reversal of AD asap and then the discovery. Discovery of their emails (and numbers) would put their dirty linen out in the public and everyone can look at it. Who knows - if the anti immigrant lobby is so strong over at USCIS, the emails would trigger a series of discrimination lawsuits!

18. ColumbusDude

ColumbusDude Active Member

This thread seems to have gone cold. Why is that?

19. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

we were all waiting for you :)

20. ColumbusDude

ColumbusDude Active Member

:p I had suggested starting a gofundme account for this one, but I have not heard anything on that. Any update would be nice.