1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thread For People Interested In Becoming Plaintiffs In A Class Action To Recover Wasted Visas.

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, Sep 25, 2015.

1. green Apple TX

green Apple TX New Member

2. Aarun

Aarun Member

Hi, I am interested! Can you please let me know what are my action items?

Also, if you would like me to work with you in organizing, fund raising etc. leave your email here. So that we can get in touch.

3. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

none for now. We are finalizing docs to send to potential pro bono lawyers. We will update and call out when we have a new action item. We are aware that everyone wants to get things moving.

4. KalyanY

KalyanY New Member

5. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

6. nsh123

nsh123 Guru

sun1ny likes this.
  7. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

8. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

9. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

10. kkrun

kkrun Member

jdoe99 likes this.
  11. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

I am sorry this is not turning out the way I thought. Call out to Don or Ron. I am sure once there is an assessment of work that needs to be done, access will be provided to as many members as will be needed for getting it done.

12. Skd1234

Skd1234 New Member

Hi Cuckoo I have a question when you say that pro bono lawyers. Are these lawyers good? Is it possible that you might be exposing sensitive information to unknown sources and eve n if you go to pro bono lawyers money is still needed. Why not hire lawyers with proven track record of fighting and winning these kind of cases and may be taking help of any higher official who might be sponsor ing HR213 kind of bill

13. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

believe me we are thinking of the best lawyers we can get (not the best money can buy). Litigation lawyers are different from those who draft legislation. I think it will be mixed, we will pay some fees and all costs but not full scale top law form $1500an hour fee.

14. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

As to sensitive info, all lawyers have ethical obligations and believe me we won't be sharing information in a manner that would be considered sensitive. No names will be shared at this point

Skd1234 likes this.
  15. Skd1234

Skd1234 New Member

Secondly I also have idea that since you have been working hard on this initiatives how about announcing the admins that will handle social media ,payments , etc and name of the group

16. Skd1234

Skd1234 New Member

I mean skilled immigrant group can take lead now and veterans like you kamakazee sawarna and where are Rashi Prado Buzzinga all need to work in full force

17. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

Here is the thing -I am a lawyer so I tend to be conservative and cautious in my approach. It is an occupational hazard. So I would like to first have a few more immigration lawyers (and litigators)say that there are sound legal bases for a suit and they are excited about the suit before we go full steam.

18. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

and what do you mean by skilled immigrant groups?

19. Skd1234

Skd1234 New Member

This is really tricky what if we don't find enthusiasm than what would be next step

20. Skd1234

Skd1234 New Member

I mean since the goal is to help and find options in whatever way and working under a team which I can see that can be made just like people worked in coordination for H4 ead ruleHow do you feel about that