1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spouse On H4, Applying For Ead And Ap, Travel Abroad

Discussion in 'Filing for AOS with an approved I-140' started by rjsd, Aug 18, 2015.

1. rjsd

rjsd New Member

Hi Ron,

If Spouse is on Valid H4 visa and it is valid until 2017.When my dates become current, Incase I apply for 485 with EAD and AP at same time. I am aware that she has to be physically in USA to apply for AOS using 485, and She has to physical here for FP. But at what time is it SAFE to travel abroad and using what ?

Does her H4 become invalid the moment I apply for EAD and AP ?
    or
    While our 485, EAD and AP is pending, she can freely travel abroad using her H4 ?

At what time frame can she travel or what time frame she has to avoid or CAN NOT travel abroad until what stage?

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

She must be in the U.S. when she applies for adjustment of status, and she must be here for her biometric appointment. After that, she is free to travel and return using her H4 visa. This assumes that you remain in valid H1B status after filing.

3. rjsd

rjsd New Member

Hi Ron,

I am following your blog and knowing how good and knowledge you are.

I want to apply 485 with your law firm. How can I start process ?
    Can I walk in or take appointment to come and visit and discuss my cases and information ?

Where do I start ?

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Call the office and set up a mutually convenient time for us to talk. We don't charge for talking to people about possible representation.