1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spouse H4 Ead With Empb, Primary Applicant Moved To Empa What Will Be The Status Of H4 Ead?

Discussion in 'H4 employment authorization' started by Ven0206, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Ven0206

Ven0206 New Member

Hi Ron,

I have approved I-140 with Emp A and My Current H1B extension with Emp A denied and I have applied for extension with EmpA(Premium) and EmpB( Regurla process), what will happen to H4EAD in below conditions?

1. H4 EAD approved with EmpB and joined in a full time job, later some point H1B and H4+EAD will approve from Emp A. Then i would like to switch to EmpA ( i will switch the job from EmpB , cause i have approved I-140, and date will become current soon, they will not revoke the I-140)

What will happen to H4 EAD( and her Job), as her approval with EmpB, but i am working for EmpA, can she continue her work with EmpB, or does she needs to change her job by using Approved EAD from Emp A?

Thanks
    Aruna

2. Michelle Choe

Michelle Choe Attorney at Law

Hi Aruna, H4 EADs are not tied to any employer. As long as the primary H1 holder is in status, the H4 EAD is valid. Also, whichever EAD application gets approved last is the one that is valid.

3. Ven0206

Ven0206 New Member

Hi Mitchelle,

Thanks for your valuable response. So when my husband is changing to another employer , I no need apply for H4 EAD again, if I have valid EAD with current H1. Correct?

Thanks

4. Michelle Choe

Michelle Choe Attorney at Law

that is correct