1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speculation On Visa Recapture Or Reinterpret Counting Out Dependants?

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agulv

agulv Guru

Check this out..

NEW YORK: Nearly 200 Indian workers, brought to the US by an American marine construction firm to repair damaged oil rigs and other facilities in the aftermath of the Hurricane Katrina, have won a US $ 20 million settlement against the company accused of defrauding and exploiting them.

The agreement has been reached to resolve numerous labour trafficking lawsuits against Signal International that was found liable by a federal jury this year for defrauding and exploiting workers it lured from India.

The lawsuits are among the largest labour trafficking cases in US history.

2. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

I got your message and responded. The thing is EB2I people with these dates have already gotten GCs. You will not find them in forums and will have nothing to do with immigration. You will get EB3I people. These people are on EAD/AP but would have gotten their GCs if visas were not wasted. I saw on trackitt that there is a thread for tracking RFEs for EB3Is. Seems to be pretty active now since EB3I moved a few months in the last VB. That's the only place I believe we can find people directly affected by visa wastage. Let me know what you think.

3. las2k

las2k Member

It's not like only pd 2004-2006 are affected. They may have been directly/greatly affected though.

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Litigation wouldn't matter. If they made all categories current for a month, it would not be possible for an opponent to get into court and stop it before the month was over. As I posted in another thread, this whole thing about making all categories current is pure bullshit. 2007 was a unique situation. It will not happen again - ever. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

jdoe99 likes this.
  5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

It's time to give this thread a mercy killing. This just isn't going to happen administratively.

Rahul23, cuckoo and jdoe99 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.