1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speculation On 140 Ead & Ap

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ARam

ARam Guru

This then becomes a self fulfilling prophesy....we dont have faith that this measure is going to be implemented, so we dont attempt to engage or make noise on this... admin has lower motivations to get it implemented since there is low pressure to do anything, as that motivation lowers our expectation goes to zero resulting in no action....please remain positive and send emails/mails/tweets or whatever you are doing to break the cycle.

cuckoo and Santy like this.
  2. PDCOM

PDCOM Guru

I believe admin will do it for his legacy and credibility.

Santy likes this.
  3. Senram

Senram Member

There is no reason for pessimistic about I140 EAD. Only thing is time frame is unpredictable

PDCOM and Santy like this.
  4. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

I like this new optimistic Senram. :)

5. SKumar

SKumar Member

If we read all sections of the H4EAD final rule including discussion about the comments, it becomes clear that the points that were positively applied to make this rule are even more applicable for an I-140 EAD rule.
    https://www.federalregister.gov/art...thorization-for-certain-h-4-dependent-spouses
    They mentioned about incentive to remain in US, stability, contributing to community and US economy, creation of jobs etc. All these are even more applicable for I-140 EAD. One comment against that was US workers would be displaced by this. But the rule makers found this number negligible in case of H4EAD. In case of I-140 EAD this number is non-significant as all I-140 EAD eligible people are already working. So no question of any displacement as such.
    Looking at this, there are many more reasons to be optimistic than to be pessimistic.

6. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

or did someone hack into his account.

7. rv_sree

rv_sree Junior Member

It's good to be optimistic, but the question is when or how soon I-140 EAD will become law to see freedom of life.

8. New Guy

New Guy Senior Member

Just my thought...not from confirmed sources...
    I think the rule will be published in the next 2-3 weeks.

This might become effective mid 2nd quarter (calendar) 2016.

From what I have seen before, just my thought....

I would be more than happy if it becomes real:)

Yevaga likes this.
  9. Senram

Senram Member

When it is a part of EO it should come. The change can happen only in time line and some requirement. EAD will be given if anyone clears the I140 and 1 year wait. If there is an issue an announcement will come. There is no point in worrying with a few persons suspicion. But I am not optimistic on Hr213 as that is non-starter so far.

10. nsh123

nsh123 Guru

Even when we are here legally paying high level of taxes? 6 figure salary also put you in higher tax brackets.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  11. nsh123

nsh123 Guru

so 10/00/2015 NRPM date was deceiving ?

12. nsh123

nsh123 Guru

H4EAD started much ahead of the whole EA saga (fiasco) they later on added to EA.

cuckoo likes this.
  13. nsh123

nsh123 Guru

I don't know what is the experience with others but H1B renewal and restamping is pretty smooth these days. hold tight we'll get EAD or GC in few years and enjoy the life meanwhile.

stanii likes this.
  14. Navikangaroo

Navikangaroo New Member

Yes, although it's a bit of a hassle, a better way to handle the 'travel in and out of country' problem is to visit India, within 1 year of your stamped visa expiry. Assuming you have 2-3 years of stamping validity left, visiting India every 2-3 years just in time, get the stamping renewed using the Dropbox facility (which is super painless compared to the whole ordeal of visiting consulate, fingerprinting and interview) and you will be alright this way.

I've decided to stick to this pattern ->
    1. Always have a valid H1 stamp on my passport, by -
    2. Visit India every 2-3 years (within 1 year of visa expiry)
    3. Avoid the stamping hassle by using dropbox for visa renewal
    4. Peace!

nsh123 and PDCOM like this.
  15. Jed_I_Knight

Jed_I_Knight Member

What if Senram is now Ultron? And this is the forum playing tricks with us all?

s_gan likes this.
  16. agulv

agulv Guru

As we are waiting for this Rule to start comment period, why don't we spend our time formulating a response template and upload it on SIRA?

I hate when all of us spend time speculating when we could use some valuable time for our own good.

17. PDCOM

PDCOM Guru

Good for you. In this month few of my friends got RFE's on 6/ 10 plus year extension asking for more info on project / employee employer relationship. May be they have more work as RFE is coming on 13th day when filed in premium. We are talking of not body shoppers but big company's here.

18. nsh123

nsh123 Guru

I heard PP sometime invites an RFE, my H1B was done in regular and amendment in PP with no issue. My spouse's H1B in PP and was smooth as he works for a big Financial company with few H1B. My visa re-tamping was smooth but was stuck in DOS hardware failure chaos, that was painful and cost us 2k for rescheduling the flights. GC is the ultimate relief.

19. PDCOM

PDCOM Guru

That sucks. Agree GC is ultimate relief. Till then we need EAD/AP/AOS incase I-140 is approved.

20. Aarun

Aarun Member

What's going on with the rule RIN: 1615-AC05

Ron - Any advice on how to draft comments?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.