1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speculation On 140 Ead & Ap

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKumar

SKumar Member

From whatever had been discussed here about how this rule could be implemented .... To get EAD, the following may be required:
    H1 or L1 (or other valid work status) PLUS I-140 approved before 1 year. The person needs to be in a proper H1/L1 status to even apply for EAD based on approved I-140.
    How can this possibly be exploited to give EAD to a person who is illegally present in the US?
    People (like thehill and hotair) are clearly trying to mislead.

jdoe99, DammUSCIS and cuckoo like this.
  2. SGeorge

SGeorge Guru

These articles are full of incorrect info.
    One article says people will get EAD and get welfare.Another one says after one year we get green card.
    And one article says you can get an I140 with just one ID!!So you dont need labor just Driving license or even just state ID to get an I140!!

Some group is purposely trying to sabotage I140 EAD. So they fed these news to anti immigrant groups and these groups jump into it knowing nothing.That is what is happening.

3. RV1

RV1 Senior Member

Thats how things work in US btw ... its lies and lies over and over and people start believing ..from Obama being alien to gun control , wars , etc ....its the public rhetoric that works as far as changing any regulation/rule is concerned . This is well and intentionally designed ploy to bring in such lies to derail the EO ( if any of the EO is still left) and kill 140 EAD ..

4. SKumar

SKumar Member

Hopefully, the folks at USCIS do not fall for this false propoganda. However, on this forum, I also heard of some people at USCIS itself are anti-immigrant. If that is so, how can they possibly work at USCIS (US Citizenship and Immigration Services). If there is no immigration, USCIS will have to rename itself.

DammUSCIS likes this.
  5. RV1

RV1 Senior Member

Yes they are anti-immigrants within that . VB fiasco is the glaring example where they simply shunned DOS/WH and went their way . Additionally , being anti-immigrant does not necessarily mean anti-immigrant in general . They are against particular set of community (you know what i mean ) and not against all , so in that sense they are still serving for larger cause . They were ready to dole out EADs in millions for undocumented until DACA/DAPA got held up .

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    DammUSCIS likes this.
  6. allswell

allswell Guru

if USCIS is gobbled by anti-I migrants which it certainly feels like, what's the guarantee they will do anything vb movements or 140 ead or anything else.

and if they want to continue milking the h1b cow, it will dry out one day. staying on H1 is painfup

DammUSCIS likes this.
  7. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    PDCOM, DammUSCIS and Cha like this.
  8. mayurjain13

mayurjain13 Junior Member

Looking at the current scenario and apathy towards any sort of immigration chances of anything getting done in the near future or for that matter in the next 10 years is close to zero. I don't think I140 EAD will ever see the daylight. If they really wanted to do something they would have already done it since the EO came out last year. Look at the STEM OPT rule, it took them 2 months to come out with the rule but still nothing for us. Basically they just want to milk people on H1B (Indians) till they finally give up and return back to their home country.

DammUSCIS likes this.
  9. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Justgreened and DammUSCIS like this.
  10. Sunyaang

Sunyaang Guru

I aint goin nowhere. if america wants to milk me, i am gona milk america too :):D

jdoe99 and DammUSCIS like this.
  11. PDCOM

PDCOM Guru

That's why folks send back money to their home countries. The same $ could have been invested here in buying home etc.

12. PDCOM

PDCOM Guru

All this means the draft rule is going to be published soon. Hope that happens in a few weeks time

13. SKumar

SKumar Member

We can only hope for the best at the earliest. Any way, once the draft rule is published, it would be frustrating but entertaining to read comments from xenophobics. BTW, do we actually get to read all comments or we can only post comments without knowing what and how many comments have been posted by others?

14. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

We can read everything.

15. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

I am sure there will be a lot of "No Amnesty for illegals!!" comments for this rule from the DumberUSA followers. The website posted the link to submit comments for the H4 EAD rule, I am sure they will do it again for this one too.

GreenHope likes this.
  16. smartboy

smartboy Senior Member

... to which USCIS will group all of such comments together and say "it's not relevant to this rule" :)

cuckoo likes this.
  17. WhatSheSaid

WhatSheSaid Member

I'm hoping this rule might see day light around anniversary of Immigration EA, November 21. Administration may push USCIS for it.

OMB still has not cleared 1615-ZB44 - Determining Whether a New Job is in "the Same or a Similar Occupational Classification" for Purposes of Section 204(j) Job Portability

18. allswell

allswell Guru

Where is Ron - Ron is being very quite :)

19. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

I am losing hope of relief from this administration. It simply does not have the will to help legal immigrants. This administration could have done a lot more to help us, but chose to do nothing. Asking the departments to come up with policies to provide relief is nail in the coffin.

PDCOM and cuckoo like this.
  20. KalyanY

KalyanY New Member

Arguably, in my opinion the current administration is worst of its kind. It wont say 'Yes' / 'No' to the most important issues we face.

Frankly speaking who really cares for H4-EAD if they would choose EAD to all I-140 approved users.

PDCOM, DammUSCIS, sree1989 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.