1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speculation And Discussion About "pre-registration"

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, Jun 18, 2015.

1. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

because a visa will always be available for them.

2. Senram

Senram Member

I think they might have made a date such that the acceptance cutoff date may bring 2 to 3 years worth of inventory in advance. It is just to manipulate the system to give EAD. Or they might move constantly so that they can handle the additional load. Still keeping PD for 2005 does not make sense as most would have filed at 2007. If they would have moved to 2008 for Eb3 that might make sense. Anyhow we need to wait for a few months to understand how the new process works

3. yamanoor

yamanoor Guru

Quoting "Immigration Girl":
    ImmigrationGirl

September 9, 2015

I’m not sure, but I expect they made the determination based on how many EAD and AP applications they think they can handle in one month.

She has a different take on this than I thought. So she is speculating that they plan to continue processing EAD and AP applications. If this is true, it is possible they are testing the waters with the July 2011 date since the last closest advance was May 2010 and they expect to see how many applicants are there in the interim period. Again, mostly speculation.

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

I think the approval date will be more stable and the acceptance date will be the one that varies.

jdoe99 likes this.
  5. Ron Gotcher

Charlie Oppenheim deserves all the credit. He has been pushing for this for years.

jdoe99, Mayur, cuckoo and 2 others like this.
  6. vbollu

vbollu Member

Hi Ron,

Is there any chance the acceptance date will reach by Dec 2011? Can you please post your opinion on this?

7. Ron Gotcher

It is way too early to speculate. My son, and law partner, had a diabolical idea. He suggested that everyone should wait until after October 10th apply. That way, there would be very limited demand and the acceptance date would move forward much faster.

nsh123, aqva, jdoe99 and 8 others like this.
  8. shackled

shackled Active Member

Ron, All,
    What happens if the current company gets acquired/bought out after I file for AoS and before 180 days elapse?

9. vbollu

vbollu Member

Many many thanks Ron for your reply.

10. agulv

agulv Guru

Ron my I140 is approved through our subsidiary company and I work for the parent company. Do you see if there would be any problem when my acceptance date gets current to file for 485?

11. Ron Gotcher

You need to talk to your company's lawyer about that.

12. groot

groot Member

I was thinking on similar lines but on -ve end that once they see more applications coming in they will retrogress or even remove the acceptance date from picture for few months to a year....guess we need to watch this for at least 3-4 months to understand where they r planning to go with this.

13. DBCG

DBCG Active Member

That might make them stagnant to for the next month too. Good idea though.

14. yamanoor

yamanoor Guru

Would it be okay to send him a thank you note? I have thanked the President severally. Then I am sure there are others like you Ron. Your support is incredibly obvious. If there are others you would like to call out, it would be great!

15. rocket007

rocket007 New Member

Hi Ron,

Do we need to go for Medical tests(I-693) before we start submitting the EAD/AP applications ?

16. DamperGreen

DamperGreen Junior Member

What makes you think that, Ron ?

The reason I think that acceptance date could only move forward (if at all) is because it wouldn't make sense to move it back. What would that achieve ? Most people would have already filed for AoS which is what acceptance date is supposedly for.

However, the actual cut off date would be more variable (move back or forward) because it will depend on the supply of GC which is limited (unlike AoS - where there is no quota).

17. legalwait4ever

legalwait4ever New Member

I think lawyers across the board are thinking alike. Quoting Cyrus here.

• Do we have to rush to file all our I-485s in October 2015 itself? The jury is not yet out whether the dual priority dates system would cause more backlogs and retrogression; although probably not, since the filing priority date, unlike the 2007 July Visa Bulletin, does not signify that visas are immediately available. We have enough time (around the 10th of the month) to wait and watch as to how the dates will progress in November and after that.

18. gcmatters

gcmatters Guru

Guys,
    Will there be same sequence of steps post I-485 filing even if its filed based on acceptance date and not approval date ? In other words should we expect fingerprinting if PD > Approval Date and PD < AD ?
    Is fingerprinting necessary for EAD/AP or is only needed purely for AOS ?

19. gcmatters

gcmatters Guru

Any thoughts on above question ?

20. mar212011

mar212011 Well Regarded Member