1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speculation And Discussion About "pre-registration"

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, Jun 18, 2015.

1. djayash

djayash Guru

Am thinking Ron. Ron, should I call your office tomorrow?

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Please feel free to do so.

djayash likes this.
  3. ColumbusDude

ColumbusDude Active Member

Ron,
    Does the new system mean that USCIS/DOS will be 'Approving' 12K Visa Every Month and Spill Over/Fall Across will be applied every month?

4. ColumbusDude

Looks like your interpretation turned out 100% accurate Ron!!

5. yamanoor

yamanoor Guru

Based on Ron's suggestion, I read the USCIS website. I found this interesting: "In coordination with the DOS, USCIS will monitor visa numbers each month and post the relevant chart on this page under When to File."

So, it is clear that USCIS and DOS plan to move dates back and forth. Now looking at the filing dates for I and C, I have a question or two.

So, last year, the dates were moved forward to May 2010. Back then, that represented a roughly 4 year difference.

This bulletin, the dates for filing only were moved to July 2011, another 4 year difference.

So, is there any reason to assume that they are picking this 4 year difference as something they feel comfortable with, or am I reading too much into it?

Also, given that the 2009 - 2010 era was one with fewer applications overall (I know I waited 2 years, or rather, had to), and that a lot of people with dates around May 2010 or before would have filed as soon as they were able to, is it safe to assume there is room for the filing deadline to move forward any time during the rest of the FY?

This is all speculation. I am not looking for definitive answers, but people's thoughts, perhaps Ron's experience with USCIS etc., to weigh in.

6. DamperGreen

DamperGreen Junior Member

I wonder, in case there is going to be retrogression - are both dates (acceptance and cut-off) prone to retrogression or just one of them. Would make more sense to keep acceptance date static or only moving forward - but this is USCIS, so anything is possible.

yamanoor likes this.
  7. ColumbusDude

IV made 'Hay' before the VB was released, claiming victory. After the VB was released they have their tail between their legs again!!:p. Now they can go back to their stupid 'Advocacy' which never got any success so far!!

8. yamanoor

yamanoor Guru

One thing is curious - who does deserve the credit? I know one party that does deserve some of it, it would be the current administration. People are quick to flock to malign Obama but that man more or less comes through.

nsh123 likes this.
  9. yamanoor

yamanoor Guru

You are right, if anything it only makes sense to move the acceptance date forward as visas are consumed on a rolling basis. All acceptance does is, get the paperwork in that queue. Unfortunately, following that logic, I cannot fathom why we can't all just file the I-485 right now. If you are ROW, that is what happens anyway.

10. mfd1402

mfd1402 Senior Member

what confuses me is why they did not move eb3i filing date further .... seems they have some calculation going on or they just don't like eb3 guys

11. Honest_Guy

Honest_Guy Guru

Always remember that this change reflects the policy of the administration.
    So when a new government takes over expect these changes to be reverted to old ways....

12. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

They wanted to to make it as conservative as possible to avoid lawsuits. It happens for RoW because 35K visas are available for them every year.

rchandars and PriRaj like this.
  13. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

My sense is that they will after couple of months.

14. kkrun

kkrun Member

I too think that they are managing load. Get done with EB2 and then come to EB3 in Dec.

PriRaj, yamanoor and DamperGreen like this.
  15. ColumbusDude

That will happen only if "USCIS/DOS will be 'Approving' 12K Visa Every Month and Spill Over/Fall Across will be applied every month".

16. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

It has to at least move past 2007.

17. ColumbusDude

Everything will depend on the accuracy of the ROW Spillovers. For the month of October, USCIS most probably will be clearing out the Pre-March 2004 EB3I Approvals and they will have a reasonably good idea of how much ROW spill over they can apply in November based on ROW usage for October. The progression should be smooth and steady moving forward.

18. smartboy

smartboy Senior Member

Its easier said than done. This should have been done long long ago. rules AB97/AC05 have been introduced in the past administration(s) (reggov site has past history) as well and they got enough momentum to be implemented by the current one. same with current one. what ever these folks want to implement and could not, will be implemented by future administrations)..

I am yet to see some stats about 'undoing' stuff when admins change.

DamperGreen likes this.
  19. yamanoor

yamanoor Guru

Yes, you are right. I understand why it happens for ROW, but they file without being assured an approved visa. So you could use that same logic...but small changes that withstand lawsuits are far better than no change.

20. yamanoor

yamanoor Guru

Actually most of the "undoing" threats are bogus. It is nearly impossible to maintain sanity by taking away benefits. Unless, you do insanely stupid things like when the Republicans shut down Pelosi's composting program. Not surprisingly, most of them got big but failed to grow.