1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special Skills And Other Requirements Question

Discussion in 'Immigrant labor certifications (PERM)' started by Nikolay, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Nikolay

Nikolay New Member

Hi Ron and forum members,

I am working with my employer to fill out the form 9089.
    There is a section about special skills and it makes wonder. How those skills are validated in terms of duration...

The job posting as follows:

Position: Senior Implementation Engineer
    Job description:
    I will omit this part as it describes job duties

Education/Experience requirements
    Bachelor's degree in CIS, CS, Software Engineering, or related and three years of experience as a Software Developer/Technical team Lead.

Special skills
    List of special skills. To me, it is just a bunch of technologies that every senior developer in this field familiar with.

I guess my question is if job description does not specifically states for the special skills employment duration, will my skills be counted, even if I had some of them for few months only? Or if I had 3 years as a developer/team lead should suffice?

Sounds like it's a gray area, especially in CS. Every developer has tens of technologies he is familiar with but not each one is utilized for whole X years...you work with database Y years and then you switch to HDFS for Z years...

I hope I was clear...

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You will need to show that you have those skills. You do not have to show any length of experience in the skills unless otherwise specified.

3. Nikolay

Nikolay New Member

Thanks, that clarifies things!