1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soon to apply NIW application but confused

Discussion in 'College and University Faculty' started by Prillerman, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Prillerman

Prillerman Junior Member

Hello Ron,

I am Research Associate/Lab Manager at University. I have two masters degree one from India and USA. I have 6 years of experience in my job. 2 years of research experience in india too. I have 6 articles published, 3 more in press, 15 citations, 1 book chapter, 3 oral presentations, 15 posters and abstracts. All my research projects were funded by the U.S. government and working for the benefit of the nation. I also have 6years teaching experience undergraduate and Graduate biology lab courses. I am interested in proceeding with my NIW application. Now my questions

1) Am i eligible for EB1 outstanding reseracher category or any EB1 category to reduce my processing times.

2) Second question is about my spouse. Can I file Concurrently Adjustment of Status to tag her in the Green card processing. She is on OPT and is a STEM graduate. Being in OPT will be a problem for processing AOS or should she change to H1B visa and then we can go ahead with AOS. I heard her F1/OPT status will be a problem in approval of AOS application. What are the requirements for the AOS application.

Thanking you in anticipation

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You must show that you have three years of full time research experience beyond that required for a degree.