1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Site Visit And New Client Location Amendment H1b

Discussion in 'AC 21 H-1B Issues' started by sahitya, Mar 27, 2015.

1. sahitya

sahitya New Member

Hello,

Few days back an immigration officer came for a site visit and i have given him all the required documents.
    I am not sure if the immigration office has closed my case after the site visit.I am not sure how will i know that.

As my project is about to end , i have to move to new project in the same city.If my employer file an amendment with location of new project will it create an issue as the immigration officer recently visited me at the site i,e client location .Does it mean that my case is pending etc...

Will there be any problems for my amendment application or it is totally independent.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

It is impossible to know if they have closed out the case. If you are going to work for the same end-client, in the same area, then you don't need an amendment. Otherwise, you do.

3. sahitya

sahitya New Member

Hi Ron,
    Thank you for the reply but my question is , will it be a problem if my employer apply for an Amendment without the case being closed out.
    If there is an RFE on the amendment then can my employer withdraw the amendment and can i continue with the project in the same location?

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Don't worry about the site visit. Get the amendment on file so that you can work at the new site (which you may do as soon as it is on file).