1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same Or Similar Clarification Rule For Ac21

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by zaccarl, Sep 28, 2015.

1. zaccarl

zaccarl New Member

I was about to ask same question.
    Is this the I140 EAD portability rule everyone was waiting for ? looks like nothing is going to happen
    09/27/2015: USCIS Seeks OMB Approval of its Standards for Determination of "Same or a Similar Occupational Classification" for Purposes of Job Portability Arter 180 Days of Filing of EB-485
    http://www.immigration-law.com/

2. phoenix

phoenix New Member

This is good! Can you post the link?

3. nutcracker

nutcracker New Member

4. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

This is not the 1615-AC05 rule.

5. PorscheGM

PorscheGM Well-Known Member

I am confused. This rule is for people who have a pending I-485 application for more than 180 days. This has nothing to do with job portability for people with just an approved I-140 and whose dates are NOT current. Right?

6. zaccarl

zaccarl New Member

But it talks about portability and looks like they are not giving anything to approved I140 without a current date.

DHS/USCIS RIN: 1615-AC05 Publication ID: Spring 2015
    Title: ●Employment-Based Immigration Modernization
    Abstract:
    The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is proposing to modernize the immigrant visa system by amending its regulations governing the adjustment of status process and employment-based immigration. Through this rule, DHS proposes to allow certain approved Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker (Form I-140) beneficiaries to obtain work authorization, clarify the meaning of portable work authorization, and remove unnecessary restrictions on the ability to change jobs or progress in careers, as well as provide relief to workers facing lengthy adjustment delays.

7. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

This thread is for people interested in the lawsuit to recover previous wasted visas. Please post this in the appropriate thread discussing this proposed rule. I will be happy to discuss.

8. allswell

allswell Guru

guys don't give into these breaking news - they are just to distract your anger and attention from the VB reversal....

kashish sharad likes this.
  9. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

This is about a rule that will clarify what is a same or similar job for i485 portability that exists under current law. It is not about independent approved I 140 portability. So, no need to get excited about this one