1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ron Please Advise - Cross Chargeability

Discussion in 'Adjustment of status' started by gsrs, Mar 14, 2016.

1. gsrs

gsrs New Member

Ron,

Thank you in advance for your expert advise. I have applied for AOS on Jan 8, 2016 using cross chargeability. I am cross charging to my spouse's country. Our ( myself & my wife) AOS is under the EB2 category, with a priority date of June 2012. We got married in october 2015 & as stated applied for AOS on Jan 8,2016. Do you think the short duration of our marriage will lead to an interview? . Our EAD/AP was approved recently & we received the physical cards as well. I am not sure if the duration of marriage would be a concern in EB2 category. Please advise.

2. gsrs

gsrs New Member

Ron,

can you please advise. Do you think we could be called in for an interview at our local field office?

3. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Often, when a couple have been married less that two years, the USCIS will schedule an interview. If they do, there's nothing to be concerned about.

4. gsrs

gsrs New Member

Thank You Ron, appreciate your response.

5. gsrs

gsrs New Member

Hi Ron,

We have been scheduled for an interview in the first week of June in Atlanta. The interview letter just says bring all the original documents which you submitted along the application. My case is under the EB2 category using cross-chargeability. Do you think the interview is due to the short length of the marriage? Also, if everything goes well can we expect a same day approval?

Thank you so much for your help in this matter.

6. gsrs

gsrs New Member

Hello Ron,

I got my interview notice which says 'Request for applicant to appear for Initial Interview'.

The interview is next month. Just wanted to ask you if the word ' Initial' is standard? USCIS has asked me to bring a bunch of documents but all seem to be standard. Also, can I expect a decision on my petition on the same day? Both myself & my wife have got the interview notice & our interviews are 15 mins apart.

Please advise & thank you so much for your support.

Gagan

7. HRaheel

HRaheel New Member

Hi Ron,

I have MY GC filed under EB2, Me and my wife both born in INDIA and my Son was born in UAE, are we eligible for Cross changeability

8. donisback

donisback Guru

Nope

9. donisback

donisback Guru

you can apply for cross chargeability for UAE green card - if there exists one

10. HRaheel

HRaheel New Member

Thanks for the answer

I see someone said nope that's the problem i am not getting correct reply

11. New Guy

New Guy Senior Member

He meant no for US GC, but you may be able to apply for UAE GC