1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rfe

Discussion in 'Filing for AOS with an approved I-140' started by teky, Mar 30, 2016.

1. teky

teky New Member

Hi Ron,

I filed an AOS along with my husband. He is the primary. He got his approval email and on the same day I received an RFE status on my case. When we received the RFE, we saw that USCIS requires legal court order related to my husband's divorce with his precious spouse. Luckily, my husband had all the papers and we submitted the RFE response.

Do you know how long does USCIS take to approve such cases after the RFE response? My husband has already received his green card. As per the visa bulletin, my date is current in March and April.

Thank you in advance.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

It shouldn't take long - less than a month.

3. teky

teky New Member

Thanks Ron. I received my approval in 10 days and green card in another 5 days. So, indeed it was much less than a month.

4. teky

teky New Member

Hi Ron,

Thank you so much for all the information you provide in helping immigrants like us. We have used your advice in the past and have succeeded always.

I have a quick question regarding H1-B fees.

My H1-B extension was filed and there was RFE, followed by NOID (notice of intent to deny), but it eventually was approved.
    My employer is asking for RFE and NOID fees from us. Is this legal? Who is responsible for paying these fees?

5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

No it is not legal. The law explicitly requires the employer to pay all H1B associated fees, including attorney's fees.