1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Required Supporting Documents For Adjustment Of Status.

Discussion in 'Adjustment of status' started by Ron Gotcher, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Jignesh Reddy

Jignesh Reddy New Member

Ron, can you throw light on whether stapling forms, supporting docs etc is a good idea?
    I'm hearing mixed info that it hinders USCIS's capability to scan the docs.
    Your thoughts please?

2. sri1979

sri1979 Well-Known Member

No staples, just use paper clip.

3. allswell

allswell Guru

Experts, a quick question on the 485 form

1. we are being asked to use the old form until a new one is issued - correct?
    2. I am stuck on the following 2 questions on the 485 form
    - were you inspected by an Immigration Officer when you last arrived into country - the answer for all should be YES, correct?
    - VISA Number - I don't have a valid VISA( on passport) - should I leave this blank in that case or should I just put my expired visa number from the passport?

4. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

1) Yes
    2) If you arrived by air , you should have be inspected by an immigration office.
    Visa number is the number on your h1b visa stamp. yes even its expired.

5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

How did you get into the country?

6. Kunjut

Kunjut New Member

Hello Ron,

My current H-1B expired in the end of September 2015. The company I work for filed H-1B extension for 7th year, and my application is pending with USCIS. I have received receipt notice I-797C but haven't received I-797A approval yet. My Priority Date is current, and I'm eligible for concurrent filling of I-485/I-140. Can I still file I-485/I-140 providing my receipt notice I-797C, or do I have to wait for my H-1B extension approval?

Thanks!

7. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

H1b extension and i-485 are completely different. You dont have to wait for h1b extension approval

Kunjut likes this.
  8. gonchu

gonchu New Member

I have a question on I 693. I undertook my medical examination on May 4th, 2015 but I ended up postponing my AOS application. I am going to be applying for AOS next week (march 5th 2016). My question is are my medicals still valid? Does the 1 year count from date of submission ie
    Mar 5th, 2016 to Mar 5th, 2017 or does it count from date of examination ie May 4th, 2015 to May 4th, 2016. Any help in this regard will be appreciated. I do not want to spend another $600 on those medicals.

9. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You must submit the medical results within one year of the date they were issued.

10. princess wilmeth

princess wilmeth New Member

hello Ron,
    thank you very much for this information. i am an F1 student for the past 2 years and i just got married, my husband is a veteran and he wishes to file an adjustment of status for me. how long should we wait (if it matters) after our marriage before filling in the necessary paperwork?

11. princess wilmeth

princess wilmeth New Member

quick question Ron, do i have to put copies of these documents listed above in the envelope containing my form i-485, i-130 and i-765? or when do i need to show proof of these documents?