1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request For Interview Sent To Sffo On 5/23/16 And Nothing

Discussion in 'Naturalization to become a US citizen' started by Peterwaitinginsf, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Peterwaitinginsf

Peterwaitinginsf New Member

Hello,

I filed for US citizenship on 4/28/2016 and received my NOA on 5/7 and a Biometrics notice on 5/9 for an appointment on 5/23.

I called USCIS and talked to an Immigration Officer on 9/16 in an attempt to find out the status of my application. I was informed that the file was sent to the San Francisco FO on 5/25 with a request for interview. Since then nothing. I could be wrong, but once the file has been sent from the NBC background checks, security checks and the application should have been checked, while I know the SFFO could request more information, there should not be anything drastically wrong with the application.

The Immigration Officer said he would open a Service Request with the NBC and should hear something back by 9/30. To be honest, I was not entirely sure what I should expect from the service request, but oh well. He said when I get the response I should call back.

My questions are simple: How can I get the USCIS grant me an interview date sooner rather than later? What do I have to say to the USCIS Tier 2 IO to get this moving? Can I use INFOPASS to schedule the interview?

Thanks,
    Peter waiting in SF

Days since application: 144
    Days since Biometrics: 123

2. JeffDG

JeffDG Senior Member

You're nowhere near out of the norm in terms of time.

My application was filed at the end of April, and I received my interview notice just this week for late next month.

3. Peterwaitinginsf

Hi Jeff,

What Field office are you dealing with?

4. JeffDG

JeffDG Senior Member

Memphis, but the point is, you're not looking at an abnormal timeframe right now, I'm within a few days of your application date, a few more weeks is not unreasonable.

5. Peterwaitinginsf

I understand your point and no, a few more weeks are not unreasonable at all.

My frustration is seeing people who applied at the same time I did, through the Phoenix drop-box and SF Field Office, who have already had their interview and oath. I'm just trying to understand why it would seem not all cases are placed in the same queue or treated with the same priority or lack of it.