1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request for F1-H4 visa status question

Discussion in 'Non-working nonimmigrant issues' started by ashok83, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Then it has no effect on her.

2. krisjonn

krisjonn New Member

Hi Ron,

Thank You for all your Help, my wife got the H4 visa stamped and i am hoping that this time there will be no problems at the port of entry.

Thanks
    Kris

3. machman134

machman134 New Member

Hi All,

My wife is in F1 status now. She changed from H4 to F1 last year. She entered USA in h4 status then later converted to F1. She want to change her status back to H4 now from f1. She is still studying but wants to change her status to H4. what are the options we have now. Can she go out of country and come back on H4 status if so how can we do that or do we need to apply for COS from here ??

Please suggest

4. Ron Gotcher

You may do it either way, but exit and re-entry is faster.

5. machman134

machman134 New Member

How can we do that ? what is the process? She is on F1 visa right how can she come back on H4 ?

6. Ron Gotcher

That's the problem with trying to respond to a post, incomplete information. She will have to get an H4 visa in order to return as an H4.

7. machman134

machman134 New Member

Hi Ron,

I am sorry my question is she is currently in US on f1 visa...Can we book a slot for h4 visa interview if she is on F1 visa ? Is it possible ?

8. Ron Gotcher

She may certainly go abroad to apply for an H4 visa. If you are in valid H1B status, there shouldn't be any issues.

9. machman134

machman134 New Member

Thanks for your suggestions Ron...

10. ShivR

ShivR New Member

Hi All,
    I am pursuing my MS in TX. I have changed my visa status from H4 to F1 in US. My spouse is working here on H1b visa. His employer is planning to start the process of his GC-Labor filing soon. I am planning to go to India in May for my F1 visa stamping. What is the risk involved in this situation given my spouse GC application will be in process? Will his GC application affect my F1 stamping? What would you suggest regarding my travel plan to India?

11. sunil28

sunil28 New Member

Hello everyone,
    I already completed my one master in health science from states in 2013 and then did all my prerequisites for Prepharmacy in community college will be graduating this summer 2017. I got admission in pharmd which going start in this fall 2017. I'm still on f1 visa.. my i-94 /I-20e is still valid for few years. But my visa stamped expired. I already used my opt of 12 months as unpaid internship during my first master.
    I have few questions regarding change of status from f1 to h4.
    1) While I was in opt I did work outside which is not related to my field for 7months along with my official unpaid internship during my master. (I'm unsure will this affect to my change of status from f1 to h4?? Since it's almost 3 years of my post completion opt). In meantime I finished all my Prepharmacy prerequisite. I'm joining my pharmd in this fall 2017.
    2) what is the best time to do my change of status from f1 to h4?... at the beginning of my pharmd program as my f1 visa (i-20)is still valid or at the end of my pharmd program as the prog is very Expensive or should I apply for h1 job once I'm done with my pharmd...
    3) My wife i-140 approval is still pending?
    Idk wat to do??? What are the options to file for h4??
    What if I file for h4 in this fall at the beginning of my pharmd program( 4year prog), and worst case if my h4 denied but my I-20e/i-94 still valid... can I stay in states after my denial decision since my f1 visa still valid or I have to leave the country?
    I'm really confused!! Please help!!