1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request For Comments On Improving The Immigration Process Administratively

Discussion in 'Executive Action' started by Ron Gotcher, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

We will submit them today.

2. yamanoor

yamanoor Guru

Maybe you should urge everyone to vote for Rick Santorum or Ted Cruz next time. Between them and this speaker, things will turn out wonderfully.

3. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

When I want to yank the chain of my conservative friends I always tell them that if they really believed in their values, they would nominate someone who represents them, like Santorum, rather than nominating someone who only says what they want to hear, like Romney. I like to remind them that in their hearts, they know the voters will reject Santorum.

4. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

It is about 1,200 now.

5. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

Comment period closed and the comments are now updated to 1493. I am sure a lot of comments got submitted yesterday so that count will probably go up.

Ron, can you please post the comments that you have submitted? Thanks.

6. Kamakazee

7. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

8. Rick D

Rick D Active Member

Interesting. The above comments by IV don't mention statute reinterpretation at all, but they do mention recapture. Similarly, I couldn't find any mention of statute reinterpretation in the comments submitted on behalf of AILA and others. But they do mention recapture.

http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=USCIS-2014-0014-1271

The administration has already said that they don't have the authority to recapture.

9. Kamakazee

IV and Cyrus Mehta have mentioned statute reinterpretation. It is up to POTUS, DHS and USCIS to decide if it falls on legal grounds just like DACA and DAPA. If they think it does, there is no reason for them not to implement it.

10. Rick D

Rick D Active Member

My bad. I missed that section in the first glance.

11. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

The question is Do they have heart to help us out ?

12. binu2007

binu2007 Senior Member

What really surprises me is as per speech by this administration DacA and dapa should go back in the line but still there is no Order to issue EADs for i140 approved or H4s but fro feb18 th eligible illegals can apply for an EAD

13. Kamakazee

The "going back to the end of the line" was only something that the President and his party was trying to sell to the American people. It is false. Even the CIR would have given them citizenship in 13 years whereas there are 1000s of legal high skilled immigrants who are in this country for more than 13 years striving hard to maintain their legal status and have not even gotten close to a GC, let alone citizenship.

Providing EADs is at the discretion of the USCIS, which means at the discretion of the President and there is no line there.

binu2007 likes this.
  14. Rick D

Rick D Active Member

I believe the will exists. It is mainly a matter of legal limits. Especially for something like statute reinterpretation, where it is not just the EB community that will get relief, but also the FB community, which includes core Dem constituencies including Latino and Asian American communities.

I do see that many organizations have pitched for statute reinterpretation. But the above comment representing 16 major orgs including compete america, fwd.us etc, doesn't seem to contain it (or maybe i am missing it again). These orgs were reportedly in close talks with WH last year, and did pitch statute reinterpretation at that time. Which makes me a little nervous, if they have reasons to give up on it.

15. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

No. Statute re-interpretation cannot not benefit FB and EB the same way.
    I posted this a while ago. The INA clearly says that derivatives of EB principal applicants who do not qualify for immigrant status in any other category are eligible for immigrant status in the same order of consideration.

16. binu2007

binu2007 Senior Member

So no point in having visas or EBcategory.. let the whole borders be open and whoever wants to come to US illegaly let them come and the President or USCIS can give EAD or GC as per their Political benefits or whims and fancies. What they are doing is ridiculous stuff.

17. Kamakazee

Trust me, if the President could give out GCs to the illegals, he would have gladly done that. He can defer deportations and give out EADs by himself, so that is all he is doing. The Dems do not care much for high skilled immigrants, they love FB immigration and low skilled immigrants who would gladly vote for them. The Republican party is taken over by their extremists who hate immigrants - legal and illegal.

So, yes it is the legals who got screwed between these 2 parties. The illegals are set with their DACA and DAPA. Politics will always prevail over good policymaking. Welcome to Washington!

binu2007 likes this.