1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request For Comments On Improving The Immigration Process Administratively

Discussion in 'Executive Action' started by Ron Gotcher, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

............which should make all EB categories current and remain current for the near future.

2. Kamakazee

Ron, did not know where else to post this:

USCIS just set up a teleconference with Leon Rodriguez on Jan 22 from 2pm-3pm.

http://content.govdelivery.com/atta...ogue+with+Director+Invite+Jan22_3+%282%29.pdf

Seems more geared for the DACA and DAP people since they are about to start applying. People can also ask questions while registering. May give us a chance to ask about the H4 EAD rule and what policies the agency plans on implementing to allow job flexibility to workers with approved immigrant petitions and when do they plan on implementing those?

No harm in asking I guess. They can choose to not answer or give a vague answer.

3. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

I encourage as many as possible to participate.

4. sigler

sigler Junior Member

Is the multiplier the same for FB categories??

5. p19671

p19671 Junior Member

6. Ron Gotcher

I don't see anything new.

7. Ron Gotcher

No, the number there is higher, but I don't know what they are using right now.

8. Dar_p

Dar_p Junior Member

Hello Ron,

Is this info accurate

EB2 India: Potential for Advancement
    The EB2 India cutoff date retrogressed to February 15, 2005 in November 2014, and has remained stagnant since. The DOS previously projected that this cutoff date would not move forward before June or July 2015. However, the DOS is now considering whether to advance the cutoff date earlier in the fiscal year. No information is provided regarding when, exactly, this may occur, nor is there any indication yet regarding how far the dates will advance.MurthyDotCom

9. montyp80

montyp80 Junior Member

Based on numbers (approx 80k) flying around lately with regards to number of people waiting in line for GC it seems like EB2 may become current but EB3 may still be retrogressed for at least another year and might become current in FY2016.

But I am more than hoping that you are right and I am wrong!!!

10. Jonty Rhodes

Jonty Rhodes Active Member

Sorry Ron, I know this is not the place to bring this up, but I tried to create a new thread under General Discussion and that would not let me do it. Anyways, I have been seeing a lot of SPAM in the forum these days and looks like the script for the spam is running over night. And each SPAM thread or discussion is posted by a newly created user. You have been doing a great job in removing the spam. But I would suggest to have a more robust 'CAPTCHA' while creating new accounts. This might help in some way to minimize the spam while you figure out a way to eliminate it permanently.

11. Ron Gotcher

That information was published in the monthly Visa Bulletin a few months ago.

12. Ron Gotcher

Lately, spammers have been putting up a lot of materials almost every evening. My software makes it very easy to take it down. Unfortunately, I have to do this manually. I am looking for a better solution to prevent it from going up in the first place. If you have any specific suggestions, please email me directly.

Thanks

13. Kamakazee

Ron,

Do you plan to submit your own set of comments or is AILA submitting one on behalf of all Immigration Lawyers? Thanks.

14. Ron Gotcher

AILA will definite submit their own proposals, but I intend to submit mine separately. Indeed, several attorneys in our office will be submitting individual comments.

15. Kamakazee

Great. Thanks Ron for doing this. USCIS can certainly do with some good recommendations. Whether they will follow through on those is another discussion all together. Can you please post yours once you have submitted it? Thanks.

16. montyp80

montyp80 Junior Member

Ron, per your professional opinion, assuming statue re-interpretation is implemented this year then do you see EB3 becoming current in 2015? If not then when do think it is likely to happen?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  17. Ron Gotcher

If dependents are eliminated from the count, all of EB3 will become current very quickly, if not immediately.

18. montyp80

montyp80 Junior Member

Thanks Ron,

I'd assume, Immediately means 2015!

19. Ron Gotcher

Immediately means as soon as the reinterpretation is made. Presumably, that will be in the spring or early summer.

20. montyp80

montyp80 Junior Member

My bad! I meant to say, I'd assume 'very quickly' would be sometime in 2015.