1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing Country Quota

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by s_gan, Aug 31, 2015.

1. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

People move for a better life or for money.. Arab countries are worst for moving but they pay better than the wages in India.

2. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

Lets be realistic. Indians & Chinese pretty much consume the majority of H1b's and GC's.

3. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

That is because they have the largest population generally and of it workers

DamperGreen likes this.
  4. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

Again repeating..Don, please have guts to prove the consumption of GCs, having in place the country cap? Forget H1..
    But as expected, you will ignore this post and post some other rant now.

5. Kris143

Kris143 Junior Member

Of course they might consume , Isn't India and china are the 2 most populous countries in the world ??
    How can you family of 10 will have the same quantity of bread as the family of 2 ??

DamperGreen likes this.
  6. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

Actually
    Actually some XYZ guy will come and argue on this that GC is a priviledge bla bla..

The fact is: we have made this as a priviledge, nobody else. Immigration to a country is just not a priviledge.. it takes whole life a person, in fact a family, and off course immigrants add to the economy of the country they migrate to, adapt to the culture, sacrifice a lot. So, thinking in terms of "just a priviledge" is a mindset of ours, otherwise, may be, we value it just way too much.

DamperGreen and Kris143 like this.
  7. djayash

djayash Guru

It is a privilege, why else would we do all that you said and move to a new country?

and Don is right as well..We are the biggest consumers...Even with the country cap, we get most of the spillovers and we still manage to maintain a huge backlog...

8. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

Get your facts corrected, large numbers of applications can lead to greater backlog, but not the highest consumption.. if that is true, then country caps are not working??

9. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

"It is a privilege, why else would we do all that you said and move to a new country?"

Regarding this, no comments. It solely depends what you think.

10. djayash

djayash Guru

Dude, there are large number of applications, agreed. But we do also get spillovers right? That is over the country cap when many other countries do not even use up their cap...

11. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

Yes, but that is all part of rules.. It is not like Indians consume most of the visas and other countries are not getting it. Spill over means other countries are all done first and then we get it. Again, I am not talking about H1......

"when many other countries do not even use up their cap" - this proves that "this priviledge" mentality is just ours, otherwise why others don't even consume their quota... hope you get my point.

12. djayash

djayash Guru

Nobody said it is against rules, but the fact is we are one of the major consumers...

Agree on the privilege, and that is my point as well...It is a privilege for us....We need better , comfortable life and there is no harm in wanting it...That is the fact and no denying it..IMO...

13. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

Priviledge is something you get by chance, and din't work hard for it. A hard earned thing with a sacrifice at life-level is not entirely priviledge..

Example for priviledge can include financial aids for US citizens etc.. not the employment based GC's

Again, this is all about mentality and the environment one has grown up. No offense, I am quoting everyone including myself, not a particular person.

14. djayash

djayash Guru

No point in going over this further, but I don't think we said EB GC are privilege..It is being here and working here that is considered as a privilege (special right) by some :cool::cool::cool::cool:

15. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

Personally, I din't even know about this mess when I came here first and now since it is too long stuck in the queue, with family and kids here, feeling too difficult to settle down in another country. Never have felt like having some privilege, having in place all the qualifications. In fact, always feel deprived of something I deserve, most of my "now-american" friends came from their countries after me and now they have their own home, started businesses etc.. here still stuck in H1 mess. No more words to express this "priviledge"

16. djayash

djayash Guru

Totally agreed...It is a mess and am in the same boat as well...I think it is too late to move back as well, but in reality what is stopping us? We can site reasons not to move, but if we can move to a new country and adapt, can't we also move back to our home country...

Let's be honest, don't you think people from our country or other developing countries consider it a privilege to live and work here? But as you said, it's all individual perception..no doubt..

17. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

It is not about moving oneself. It is infact, harder for the kids who have born and grown up here. May be, someone who is not married yet or doesn't have kids, won't even understand what I am saying. But, the day we moved here, we din't have an idea that we will make a small home here, and our kids won't be able to settle back in our home country. But, leave it.. it seems like it's just me.

18. djayash

djayash Guru

j
    Same feelings bro..

19. nsh123

nsh123 Guru

he thinks and act like Trump, wow now we have a Trump right here in this forum.

sun1ny likes this.