1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing Country Quota

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by s_gan, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

I think we have a very beautiful country(as compared to other so terrible ones, don't want to name) back there just in case. Many people go back to India even after having GC and Citizenships, when they want to retire, I am not kidding. I know money drives the game, but as far as cultural values, family, emotions are concerned, I personally prefer India than here. It is just because life is easier here, doesn't mean India is not good.

cuckoo likes this.
  2. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

which numbers? consumption per-country ?

Legal Immigrant likes this.
  3. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

It's crazy.. How can it be possible when country caps are in place.. lol

4. SGeorge

SGeorge Guru

I don't see any gains for people of India.You lose more than what you gain.You lose most of your community and community life.
    Its a case of grass is greener on the other side.

We can say to the people in India,that we have something special in U.S, make them feel jealous.I don't see any other gains.
    Most people I know here, are thinking of India , as their retirement location not Florida.

5. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

I think the world is becoming flatter by the day and people will move wherever they find better opportunities for career advancement and that has nothing to do with their loyalty to their country. There are Americans working in India (lots in the Indian silicon valley- Bangalore), and Chinese and the reverse. The number may be skewed in one direction but that is changing. There was a generation that came here because it was the "first world" and they were coming from the "third world" and the connotations attached to those perceptions, but that is rarely so for the present generation of immigrants barring a few.

6. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

Yes, agreed, I personally know at least 2 people from Peru and one American who work in Bangalore and quite like there. Many american friend of mine like Indian culture, food and traditions(especially family values, how we live with single spouse whole life), I simply can't understand people bashing India every time for no reason.

7. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

8. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

9. smartboy

smartboy Senior Member

..and that's exactly what i think at times.. that it's all a huge drama to pull down the whole machinery .. and the only way to do it is by getting into the very fabric to tear it up.. lol

10. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

I think this time the republicans will not just lose presidency but also the senate. I only wish the latino voters are motivated enough to turn out in numbers that would take the house back from the GOP. if Trump ends up being the GOP candidate he will probably ensure that. Jeb on the other hand is bad new for democrats and for latinos. He will never have the power and leverage in the congress to get any immigration reform through.

smartboy likes this.
  11. agulv

agulv Guru

12. djayash

djayash Guru

13. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

#Trumpforpresident

14. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

And some how you left the beautiful country to wait for GC in US. When your words dont backup with actions, they mean nothing. Everyone knows you have a better life in US compared to India/China/Mexico. Number of people who go back home is minute compare to those who migrate to western world like US/Europe. Hell look at the migrant crisis in Europe.

We humans want to live a comfortable life. It doesnt matter whether its India, China or North Korea

15. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

Don, if you read the full post, I have quoted I agree that life is easier here. Also, money is an important factor. You missed the real intent of my post.

16. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

Unfortunately, after pursuing careers here, some of us have lost our competitiveness when it comes to the Indian job market. Lots of Indian go to the Arab countries too. So, by that standard.....Migrants in Europe are from Afghanistan and Syria. And we all know who created the present mess in Afghanistan.

17. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

Arab countries are probably the worst countries for any migrant ;)

18. smartboy

smartboy Senior Member

in fact, i dont see any single candidate being able to pull through congress any comprehensive Immig reform. It has to be a perfect trifecta from the same party (congress, senate and president) - any party will work. the most recent one that such a thing happened was in Os first term when they passed the healthcare reform..

until such time, no matter who says what, nothing aint happening - in terms of comprehensive immig reform that is. piece meal bills may still pass but after a lot of bickering.

cuckoo likes this.
  19. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

Agreed. So the fact that people move somewhere does not automatically mean they despise the country they left or love the country they migrated to.

20. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

He just throw out whatever he thinks at the moment.. Said something about consumption by Indians 10% something.... I can't believe Don now.