1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing Country Quota

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by s_gan, Aug 31, 2015.

1. agulv

agulv Guru

I keep hearing the immigration system is broken. It should say Legal Immigration system is broken. This is misleading everyone as there is no such system which exists for illegal. we need to correct everyone that the system broken is the legal immigration.

2. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

The Democrats feel that the "total" system is broken since currently there is no pathway for citizenship for the illegals. They are the ones who combined the 2 different types of immigrants.

DamperGreen and agulv like this.
  3. agulv

agulv Guru

Does anyone see any indication from USCIS Twitter questions today about I140 EAD or recapture?

ARam likes this.
  4. Aarun

Aarun Member

I can only say this after going through any communication USCIS has... "GHANTAAA"

5. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Because you are making an assumption that ROW will not wait for 5 years to get a Green Card.

6. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Past two years have been bad even for students from top schools.

7. ARam

ARam Guru

Nope...I dont even think the folks who were supposed to answer the questions were even aware of stuff like I-140 EAD/Ap and Recapture...they answered in all 4-5 questions..expecting USCIS customer service to be twitterati aware and give us policy updates is ludicrous. Who did you think was trying to answer the questions? Charlie Oppenheim or Kevin Cummings? I was expecting they would have the FAQ section of USCIS website open and if any twitter question matched what was there in the FAQ, they would copy paste to twitter....

soopergal and cuckoo like this.
  8. Senram

Senram Member

9. allswell

allswell Guru

then we can all go back and have a newer India

10. allswell

allswell Guru

A lot of ppl I know are already quitting the American dream and feel Indian dream is so much better

11. agulv

agulv Guru

The report which was published by USCIS had some items in there which did not require a regulation or rule making. Wondering why they are not being introduced. They did that for L-1 by a memo and comments.

12. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

The numbers from row are less than 10 percent of what india and china consume

13. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

Vaticans dont have any gain in moving to usa. Where as indians an chinese and any other third world have a lot to gain. You dont make laws that just benefit you, you make laws that benefit everyone

14. speedracer

speedracer Guru

What?? ROW is consuming less than 10% of India and China in numbers of GC applications?? so for example if that was the case say 40K applications pending in 2014 were from india and china, then less 4K people applied ? if that was the case we would have 34K in SO.. right? I am sorry my math is weak being stuck in EB line for quite a while my brain is going mush.. but even then.. its a ridiculous claim..

cuckoo likes this.
  15. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

The mindset of anyone using the term "third world" is self evident. Even the people born in the so called "first world" stopped using it a while back.

16. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

I think it is pathetic to be somehow ashamed of or apologetic of the country one is born in. It is like being ashamed of your parents. Unless one was persecuted in their country of birth or abused by ones parents it is shameful to have that attitude.

17. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

Welcome Mr. Modi to Ron's club!!

18. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

I hate to see Don's posts lately.

rcht148 and cuckoo like this.
  19. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

I don't think people are ashamed of "to be born in India". Instead, they are tired of the troubles happened to the career and path to GC due to that.

20. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

I am not so sure. I have seen posts saying how things are so terrible in india they can't imagine going back and they couldn't imagine living there. To have spent decades there and then come up with that is just plain....... It is great to be ambitious and work for a better life, career, etc. but to trash your country is just wrong. Of course that is just my opinion.

rcht148, Mayur and Legal Immigrant like this.